Page 236 of 302 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

My mom always said a cold was 3 days coming, 3 days staying & 3 days going which pretty much ran true for me in it lasted @ 9 days.
    Have a hot toddy VA. It will help with the cold & PEW.
    Feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Oh goodness DJ, I hope it doesn't cost too much to redo your decking. I hate when a small straightforward job becomes a major awkward issue. Every feel sorry you started it in the first place?
    Boy and that's a true statement, it has snowballed! Also went to wash clothes in my front load washer and my bedding got caught ripped the balance ring and broke the inside of the door! No replacement parts available anymore. It's only a 7 yr old machine. UGH But did find a awesome deal on a Samsung with build in sink for getting stains out.. But hate to spend $$$$$. I'm bleeding $$$ these days.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    AG95, getting as much information as you can is great idea.
    I hope that your cold isn't too bad, VA!

I'm still waiting on the info. (If it's coming by mail, it should be here today or Saturday).

Another thing that I'm concerned about is the factthat I missed the last 3 years of high school. Even though a GED is the equivalent of a high school diploma, I know that I'm at a huge disadvantage compared to others who did things the normal way.
    I didn't learn anything when I attended the GED classes. The assessment tests showed that I had the knowledge of a post high school person in all subjects. Honestly, I just set in class reading or doing something on the internet.
    I passed the GED test with flying colors on the first try. I know that stuff on the test , at least in math, was not what a 12th grader waa learning. I don't have a clue about any high school math anymore. I never took high school biology or chemistry. I've not learned a foreign language or even attempted to. I don't have a clue as to what books my classmates had to read in English class or what they learned about writing or grammar. I missed high school world history. ( I also missed American History, but that's my specialty, so I'm not worried about it)
    What was taught in all those subjects that I don't know or better yet need to know to excel or even just pass in college? Maybe I'm being too hard on myself. For me, college will provide the only way out of a horrible past. There's no other option if I want a chance at life. I want to try; I just don't know if I can handle it.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

AG, you can do anything you set your mind to doing. It sounds like you have the will and the determination, so just do it. I know sometimes it may be tough, but just hang in there!

I'm sorry you have had a tough time and wish you all the best.

DJ, sorry about your washer. I hate having to buy necessities like washers, tires, etc! I want to buy fun stuff! You know, like Eagles tickets!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

VA, sorry to hear about your cold. In some ways, colds are worse in the summer with the heat and humidity adding to the congestion. I hope you get better soon!

DJ, as someone who just completed a 6-months renovation on a historic home, I can sympathize with your troubles. You start what appears to be a small project, and then it snowballs from there. Best of luck in your search for a new washer, too.

AG, gotta agree with Brooke here - you have the capability to succeed in whatever you decide to do! You're one smart young lady! (I'll also refer to your sig line from AG.) If I may suggest, and if you're interested, I'd recommend a prep course, e.g. Kaplan, for the SAT/ACT like you did for your GED. I took one prior to the GRE and was quite satisfied with the results.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

I think that my part of my problem is that I lack faith in myself. I underestimate myself and my abilities and lack self confidence. Problem is, I don't know how to change that. I also lack motivation. I get motivated, but then something negative happens, and the motivation just disappears. I'm trying to work on that.

I over-analyze everything,(heck, I've spent 2 hours working on this post) and I'm not a "just do it" person. I've tried to be, and it just doesn't work for me. I need to have a set plan first before I act.

NOLA, I actually chose that line for that reason. I try to remind myself that this is my life and I control it. However, events from my childhood/teen years make me seriously doubt that. I've never felt in control of my life. The reason why is because mom let horrible things happen to me between the ages of12-16. I had no choice but to allow these things to happen because of fear of my mom and her wrath.

I'm not familiar with any of the prep courses, but I'll look into it. The class that I took for the GED was mandatory. Forty hours spent in a classroom "learning".
    I bought the recommended study books for both tests last year after I passed. I looked at one of them, and tossed it aside because I didn't believe that I could do it. I reckon that I need to find them.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border

AG, my suggestion is that you write to the admissions officer of the college interests you and explain your situation. The college may be able to waive some of the entry requirements in special circumstances. There may also be arrangements for students who need extra support, both financial and otherwise. You lose nothing by asking and you may gain some useful knowledge.

You come across very well when you post here so I'm sue you can write a good letter or email.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I can't believe it!!! My 'cold' from earlier in the week got worse and worse, with a bad cough and a lot of asthma. So after the second fever, I went to urgent care a little while ago. Pneumonia! How does this keep happening to me?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

VA - that's the worst! Hope you feel better soon. It's not the best feeling to have especially during the summer months with the heat and humidity. Hopefully it won't last as long as the last time you had it.

I know the feeling though, I'm on my third chest infection this year complete with the coughing and wheezing - what was I thinking of, going camping in July in Ireland!!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    AG, my suggestion is that you write to the admissions officer of the college interests you and explain your situation. The college may be able to waive some of the entry requirements in special circumstances. There may also be arrangements for students who need extra support, both financial and otherwise. You lose nothing by asking and you may gain some useful knowledge.

You come across very well when you post here so I'm sue you can write a good letter or email.
    That's a good idea, thanks! I'm not too familiar with formal letter writing, but I'll look it up to see the best format.

VA, that's beyond horrible! Going from a cold to pneumonia in a few days?! I hope that it's not too bad and that you get better soon!
    -Kim-