Page 116 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1351

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

Watching this All Star game and am once again amazed at how much better it is than the all star games that other sports offer up. In the pregame, they presented the Franchise Four for each team, but for the home stadium, they had the actual four for the Reds come out on the field. It was incredible to see Pete Rose back out on a baseball diamond!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I loved seeing the franchise four from team, and the living top 4. To see Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench, Sandy Koufax, and Willie Mays on the same field, and watching Koufax throw out the first pitch with Bench catching was amazing! Also glad to see my all-time favorite player, Chipper Jones make the Atlanta Braves franchise 4.

Apparently, my Braves shirt isn't helping tonight. I've almost given up hope for the NL to win 6-3 AL, bottom of the 9th.

ETA: make that the final, 6-3 AL.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I have to say I was completely shocked that they boo'd when my Cardinals players were introduced. Everyone else was cheered for. So, it is the ALL STAR game! The best team in baseball at this point is not supposed to be represented? My guys showed class and laughed it off, but I was very mad about it. Cincinnati should be ashamed.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke, I think they expected it, especially Molina. They got booed because they're so good they annoy people, and they can take some pride in that. Think of it as all the Lebowski's in the world hating on the Eagles because they're a great band. I do agree, though, that in an All Star game, no one should be booed. At least your guys expected it. The KC Royals who got booed were totally surprised and I think hurt. Kansas City isn't a large city, and all fans of every team had the option of banding together and voting their guys in.

I really do wish that since this is an all star game that actually means something they put in people who actually deserve to be there, and not make it a popularity contest. I know when I voted, for the American League, I know nothing about most of their players and had to vote on name recognition, having no idea if they were having good seasons or not.

In the 8th inning, it was just weird to see Melancon pitch with Molina catching, especially after last weekend! As one of my Twitter followers tweeted... #awkward

I was upset at how several of the NL's 'starting' pitchers pitched to show off instead of pitching to win. I can't remember names, but the ones wearing Dodger and Giants uniforms come to mind.
    VK

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I didn't even vote for any American League because I just don't know anything about them. And I see what you're saying, but I was still embarrassed for them. My hubby said it was to be expected.

I have to admit that this was the first year that I actually watched most of the game. I've just been a big Cards fan for a few years, so I'm kinda new to how it's all done. I've always been interested, but usually wanted to watch something else. My husband and kids have always been huge fans though, so I was definitely involved somewhat. Now I watch every game if possible! But, I don't know much about players from other teams. Still learning!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I loved Molina's reaction to being booed. He just turned around and pointed at his name on the back of his jersey. He had fun with it lol. I admit that I almost booed the tv when I saw Bryce Harper. I can't stand the Nats (or Phillies, Mets, or Marlins... all of the NL east teams besides my Braves).

I usually watch most of the game. I wasn't able to watch it much as a kid because church camp was always the same week as the game. (Although I didn't miss it much the last two years of camp. I was a teenager who got to spend 5 days at Daytona Beach Florida!). Anyway, this year, my mom, my uncle and myself watched it together at my uncle's house. My uncle hates commercials, so he'd flipped to other channels. I ended up missing most of innings 5-7 because my mom and uncle decided that they wanted to watch Happy Days.

I enjoyed the parts that I was ableto watch. It amazes me to see guys who are rivals play on the same team together.
    -Kim-

In honor of the 2015 baseball hall of fame induction ceremony tomorrow, I want to post this article about John Smoltz. (Braves pitcher and 2015 inductee ). I won't be this excited again until Chipper Jones is inducted.
    -Kim-

A little down today. I had planned on going to the Bucs/Reds game today, since Cincy is only two hours from me and it's an afternoon game. In addition, one of my favorite Christian bands, Third Day, is performing after the show. It's amazingly beautiful weather, a perfect baseball day. But, having just been diagnosed with pneumonia, it seems prudent to stay at home and watch on TV. It's just not the same.
    VK

Well, that stinks, VA. I'm watching my Braves (who have been horrible as of late). Right now, they're in the lead against the Phillies, 6-2.

I want to post that today is the 1st anniversary of beloved Braves announcer Pete Van Wieren's passing. I didn't see him much on tv, but I heard his voice on the radio alot. "The professor" is missed very much here in Braves Country.

As I started typing this, the Braves annoucers (Joe Simpson and Chip Caray), started talking about the Pirates/Reds game. What's this I hear about a standoff?
    -Kim-

Oh yes, a big bench-clearing brawl. The umps no sooner got everyone back in their dugouts and the Reds started cryin' again and starting it up again and it cleared the benches again. The Reds started it, I swear! They threw a pitch so far 'inside' it hit our star player in the back without him turning around, in fact he tried to avoid it by moving over the plate. So when it comes pay-back time the Reds got their panties in a wad. There's a saying, don't start something you can't finish.
    VK