Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite quotes from all members

Border Desperado

Default Re: Favorite quotes from all members

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Glenn.

"The best of times ranked in the 95 percentile and the worst of time ranked in the very small percentile that obviously everyone but the seven of us have dwelt on for a long long time."
    I like Glenn referencing the 7 of them...although I think this was said at the HOF induction.. Still sounds nice though.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by LovinGlennGirl View Post
    Joe, when asked about the Frey/Henley vs Felder stuff..."sometimes nobody's wrong...there I did the best I could with that."
    Love that. I also heard him say he tried to stay out of it because it didn't involve him.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    I like Glenn referencing the 7 of them...although I think this was said at the HOF induction.. Still sounds nice though.
    And now your username becomes clear Actually, more alert Forum members probably got it immediately, but I hadn't.

You may like this photo that I took last year in Lucy's El Adobe restaurant; it's from the HOF ceremony.

That's a great picture, thanks for posting. I guess Joe signed it as it looks like his handwriting. Bernie is the only one wearing short sleeves. I seem to recall another picture where he's wearing shorts and everyone else is dressed for cold weather.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

One of my favorite from Bernie as he was reflecting on the early band in the HotE film ...

"I think everybody in the Eagles did the level best we could. You have to remember how young we were, the fact that nobody had anything when we started."

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

And now your username becomes clear Actually, more alert Forum members probably got it immediately, but I hadn't.

You may like this photo that I took last year in Lucy's El Adobe restaurant; it's from the HOF ceremony.

NightMistBlue - yes, you're right about my name. I always have felt that the Eagles would never have been the Eagles as we know them without the contributions of all seven. I have two favorite lineups, but everyone played their part.

Also, I have seven children, so 7 has always been my lucky number.

Thank you so much for posting that picture. Maybe they all went out to eat together after the show. It's just nice to see them all together the night of the show, and a little sad to think that was the only time it happened...or would ever happen. I almost felt a little misty when I first saw it. It's quite a treasure! Thanks again.

I would loved to have been in that room. I don't know I was always hoping that we would see the seven of them together again but now it will never happen again and I am great full we have it on tape forever.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I was reading through the 1975 Rolling Stone interview and remembered this quote from Glenn that I always liked. I especially like the 'no one ever went broke...' line.

Mass appeal is definitely suspect. Just look at our Grammy winners, Stevie Wonder excluded. Sometimes all that mass appeal means is that you simplified your equation down to the lowest common denominator. It’s a great temptation to think, ‘Well, f*** it, they’ll buy this. No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the mass public.'

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Glenn was quoting H.L. Mencken there, Jonny. Way before your time - mine too, even.

Border Desperado

I like Glenn's quote from Crawdaddy! magazine back in 1974:

“I’ve always felt there’s nowhere to go but down once you’ve reached the top, so I want to take just the right amount of time getting there.”