Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite quotes from all members

Default Re: Favorite quotes from all members

When an interviewer asked the guys about their wild days in the 70s, I always loved the answer Glenn give them. (Paraphrasing the quote) "We weren't bad as the Rolling Stones, but we weren't the Osmonds. We were somewhere in between" or something like. I don't know the correct quote.

The Osmonds are my other favorite group I loved for so many years before the Eagles took that spot(I'm still a huge fan of their music, but I put my energy in the Eagles). Its nice to know that Glenn knew about the Osmonds since they were around during the time the guys were making it bad. Everybody who listen to the Osmonds in the 70s(and even today), they always say they were a squeaky clean group who didn't do drugs or alcohol. So I guess he was saying they weren't angels like the Osmonds. I did bring that up to one of the Osmonds last year when I saw them in Missouri.

Out on the Border

Cool Re: Favorite quotes from all members

My favorite quote is from Henley. He said "there is a fine line between the American dream and the American nightmare."

Glenn.

"The best of times ranked in the 95 percentile and the worst of time ranked in the very small percentile that obviously everyone but the seven of us have dwelt on for a long long time."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Silk Scarf Monkey View Post
    And I shouldn’t forget Glenn commenting on Joe joining the band: That's another adventure, because Joe was an interesting bunch of guys.

I believe it’s from the documentary.
    Other folks on this forum recalled that's how guitarist Danny Kortchmar described James Taylor. Apparently the reference is even older! Jazz musician Zoot Sims described legendary saxophonist Stan Getz as "a nice bunch of guys" as a consequence of his erratic behavior (i.e., he could be a dick, among other things).

Anyway, it's a great line. I'd steal it too.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I really love this thread!

One of my favorite sayings of Joe's goes something like this ... 'If I had known I'd still be singing this song after all this time when I wrote it, I would have written something else'.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Here's a new one from Timothy, in his Good Day interview in Sacramento for his Walk of Stars honor. It regards fan attention, and he says he's lucky because he's not like Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney, who can't go anywhere. He says he gets a little here and there, "Just enough to feed my ego, not enough to bug me."

Love it.

From my previous post in the "Favorite Bernie sayings or moments" in the Bernie thread:

"You don't just leave him at the side of the road, half-burnt. That's not very cool."

"People have been killed in sight of the stage while the Stones were playing 'Sympathy for the Devil,' and everybody went 'this is a little not O.K.'"

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Master of understatement, isn't he? The first quote must be in reference to Gram.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Master of understatement, isn't he? The first quote must be in reference to Gram.
    Yeah. He really has that sort of Cali really-trying-hard-not-to-be-negative thing going on

My favorite from Glenn:

Except for a few guitar chords, everything I've learned in my life that is of any value I've learned from women.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............