Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: did Lyin' Eyes have a radio version?

Border Rebel

Default Re: did Lyin' Eyes have a radio version?

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I was listening to LITFL on the way to work and LITFL has an edited version too. On this version, they cut the third verse and repeat chorus. They go straight the little instrumental as they sing Life In The Fast Lane.
    Yes, I heard this once before only and I believe it was edited for the "G--damn" in the last verse. Some stations were reluctant to play this, but certainly none where I live.

My local radio stations usually plays the whole song all the time. They do bleep out the "G-damn" line. I think that was the first time I ever heard them not even play the third verse.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I heard that edited of LITFL version for the first time about 2-3 years ago on one of our more recent variety stations that plays multiple genre hits from the 60s-today. Our other classic rock stations never played the edited version.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."