Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Somebody

This song is another favourite of mine. I like the fast pace, it's one of the album's best rockers.

This one is f***ing awesome! Frey rocks. He needs to do more songs like this. Enough of the ballads, dude!

Stuck on the Border

Thanks Bomber! I agree!

Has anyone noticed the way he sings 'pay' with a breathing effect? Very cool. I wish I knew who the guitars were by. I think Glenn himself is playing acoustic.

This song is awesome, and may become my favourite of the album. It has all it takes to be a great - good intro, interesting lyrics, nifty guitar work and it rocks. I'm still listening to the radio version, eagerly awaiting my pre-ordered copy. Thank goodness for the internet!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Default Somebody

I'm another that likes Somebody, good to hear Glenn do a rocker.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Not only has this song grown on me, last night I actually dreamt I was at a concert watching the Eagles perform it live! I guess it's crept into my subconscious.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border eagleshenleyfan's Avatar

This is not only one of my favs from the album but it's also my fav Glenn song from it. A great rockin' tune and a fantastic vocal from Glenn, it's great the way he uses his voice on the 'it's calling you home' part.

Stuck on the Border

I decided to read some amazon.com. reviews. What do people think of this statement about Somebody?

which I can't help but feel is a message aimed directly at the leaders of our current administration- 'You'll get yours in the end'.

And here's another comment. This has not occurred to me at all:

Somebody - Here is the protest song against Bush! They lyrics are great and Glenn speaks them with passion and anger... but he knows that Bush will get what is coming to him! This gets a lot of bad feedback, and I don't really know why. I thing it is a great song. Great upbeat sound with classic vocals from Glenn. Really love it! One of my favorites on the album.

Obviously, the song is about an evil guy who is being stalked by someone who is going to hold him accountable for his reprehensible actions. Therefore, you can apply it to any guy who you feel is doing evil things in secret and who will be called out on it. Did Tempchin and Brannen mean it as an anti-Bush song? Was Glenn thinking of it in that context when he decided to record it? If so, he hasn't said so - and they've been pretty forthcoming about such things. But everyone can interpret it how they wish.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I never even once thought it was talking about Bush, but that's food for thought.

And, this is one of my favorites on the album/cd.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten