Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283848586 LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Vector,
    a few points.

1) While Tim may be a gentle soul, he is not akin to Randy. One thing that comes across to me from Tim's recent interviews is his strength and objectivity. Also, that he doesn't like to be brought into other people's disagreements. I think he has also proven that his his loyalties are with Henley, in particular.

2) As far as friendship, Walsh and Felder were close in the late 70s. However from 1993, there was a friendship between Joe and Glenn. Tim has said that Henley was the one he was closest to during the break. Do not let yourself to be too influenced by Felder's book because that's just his side.

Bernie left before Joe and Tim joined, Randy left before Tim joined and there's nothing to just that they had a friendship outside of the band.

Azoff is noone's puppet and he knows how to handle Henley.

3) I read through your thread a few days ago. Perhaps you should do so too, as the flaws in your posts are addressed. Many of us have read extensively and have arrived at a different place to you. This is not a case of Henley/Frey fans being blinded by ignorance and bias.

Some people come across better in interviews than others but that may just be because they are better at performing fo the camera. I find it helps to look at what the people that know these people have to say. I also take into account the length of time some of the relationships lasted. We hear so much of the troubled relationships within the band and yet they remained together, in all incarnations, for longer than most bands. There is a lot of loyalty.

4) I also get the impression that Randy and Henley were never close and that Randy liked Glenn better. However, there's nothing to suggest that they still carry resentment towards each other.

In my internet trawling, I found references to Henley and Frey paying medical expenses for a couple of people (one of them a former roadie) and also an offer from Joe to pay medical bills for an old friend. It seems to be something they do.

I think the documentary opened up channels with Bernie and Randy. It may have reminded Glenn and Henley that they used to like these guys and it was all so long ago. Both sides were ready to forgive.

Meisner did not give up his shares for pennies. He gave up his shares in return for a royalty deal. If you search, you can find court reports about a lawsuit between Randy and his ex-wife that relates to this. Randy and his ex-wife have been receiving an income under this deal for nearly forty years. Bernie alluded to his Eagles income some time in the 90s, so he probably has a similar deal.

What these deals would not have forseen is that from the 1990s on, the money was made through touring rather than through record sales. In 1976, the name "Eagles", may not have had much value (compared to the back catalogue) but by 2001, it was the brand used to sell tours and merchandise sales. No wonder, Felder refused to sell his shares for a nominal sum. However, just because it wasn't a good deal in 2001, doesn't mean it was a bad deal in 1976/8.

Here's a better video of the guys tribute segment. I need to download this video before its gone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIzB4CcMoLA[/ame]

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thank you, shun!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I love all the pics of Cindy and family at the awards ceremony and other events associated with the KCH but this one is especially memorable. She looks positively radiant!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

She really is lovely, and so youthful-looking (in a natural way).

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Love that pic of Cindy too!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

She does look beautiful there! And seems so very happy! Good for her!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I saw that picture on Instagram, but didn't post it. There's another one of her getting ready to go to the luncheon that Saturday.

Cindy is a beautiful lady. I loved both of her dresses she wore that weekend. Glenn was a lucky guy. All the guys were lucky to have beautiful, wonderful ladies who stood by them for so long.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    IMO, it should be all 7, just like RRHOF. It is quite a slap in the face to Bernie who has been touring with them for over 2 years. I am sure that Glenn and Don did it this way so they could keep Felder out. If they keep all 3 out then no one can say they are singling Felder out. It is pretty BS if you ask me. But I would expect nothing less from Glenn and Don. Again this is my opinion.
    Dont mean to revive an old thread but somehow I missed this entire thread. A friend sent me a link to the Video of the event and by minute 3 of the video I was utterly disgusted that Meisner, Leadon and Felder were being totally ignored. Its shameful. And it doesn't matter what other bands did other years or what the rules are.. or what year they left the band....the bottom line is if THE EAGLES are going to be honored those guys SHOULD BE THERE. The clip Ringo introduced was waxing poetic about Timothy, a guy that got there on the last important album...and ignores Meisner? They talk about Hotel California and ignore Felder the guy that made the song happen. They ignore Bernie that gave the Eagles the sound in the first few albums. Utter and complete BS. Henley , Walsh and TBS should have been embarrased to go to that without the other 3. You cannot have an event talking about this band and simply WIPE OUT from their history 3 vital members.
    Last edited by OutlawManNJ; 03-12-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I saw that picture on Instagram, but didn't post it. There's another one of her getting ready to go to the luncheon that Saturday.

Cindy is a beautiful lady. I loved both of her dresses she wore that weekend. Glenn was a lucky guy. All the guys were lucky to have beautiful, wonderful ladies who stood by them for so long.
    Yes I definitely agree about the dresses and the other wives who looked beautiful at the concert and other KCH associated events. Really nice to see pics of their kids as well who were surely thrilled to see their dads honored in such a special way.