Thread: Found this at an Estate Sale today

Default Found this at an Estate Sale today

Went to an estate sale, the guy had hundreds of old Rolling stone magazines. I picked up a few including 2 with Eagles on the cover. This back when RS was still made out of newspaper material. Paid 2 bucks each. To boot also got the classic RS that features Lennon and Yoko in fetal position shot the day he died.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Found this at an Estate Sale today

Hello OutlawMan! I bought the Eagles "topless on a boat" issue on Ebay last year for about $10 or $15. Maybe take a look on Ebay to see what people are charging for the other issues. That's a quick way to get an idea of their value.

Outlawman- I'll buy the one with the Eagles, shoot me a price. P.S. Wish I had been at that estate sale. Man I would have bought all the old back issues.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Outlawman- I'll buy the one with the Eagles, shoot me a price. P.S. Wish I had been at that estate sale. Man I would have bought all the old back issues.
    Yeah looking back I want more. I bought 3 and its fun reading them seeing the ads , reading about bands when they werent that big yet. But it would have gotten expensive to buy many. Maybe I should have gone back the next day when it was cheaper.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I think it's in the topless boat issue, it was cool to read a review of the first Fleetwood Mac album to feature Stevie and Lindsey. Also, there's a section where music stars discuss their home stereo set-up: Joe Walsh had a super sophisticated 70s sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I think it's in the topless boat issue, it was cool to read a review of the first Fleetwood Mac album to feature Stevie and Lindsey. Also, there's a section where music stars discuss their home stereo set-up: Joe Walsh had a super sophisticated 70s sound system.
    Yes I read the review of the Fleetwood mac album and Stevie Nicks doesnt get reviewed very well...didnt see the Audio setup article...gotta go look.

PS: I went back to the home where the sale was and knocked on the door. The owner which is the process of moving already moved the left pover mags to the other hpouse but we are gonna meet up so I can buy them from him. I hope there still are many RS issues from the 70s and 80s. He even had 60s but I think those may be gone.