Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Anyone else think Deacon dressed like that on purpose in memory of his Dad? Sun glasses on top of his head, long hair, sports shirt, wrist bands evoking so many memories of his Dad when he was Deacon's age.
    Yes. I think he did, but I'm ok with that. I thought that was sweet IMO. To honor your father by wearing the stuff he wore at Deacon's age. A little part of Glenn with him. His stylist did a great job putting the whole thing together.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    On the HotE tour, Timothy got to introduce Glenn during the band intros.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Yes. I think he did, but I'm ok with that. I thought that was sweet IMO. To honor your father by wearing the stuff he wore at Deacon's age. A little part of Glenn with him. His stylist did a great job putting the whole thing together.
    Are you sure he had a stylist? It's one thing for publicity shots but it seems like he would know his own father well enough that he didn't need to use one, especially if his mother was helping out.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I was reading her Instagram page and she traveled to Classic West and will be there at the end of the month. SO I thought maybe she had helped a little.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    I thought Deacon was great and he didn't look nervous at all. His voice sounded similar to Glenn's but not as polished and just a little lower.

I'll bet Cindy is really proud and maybe a little sad, too. I'm glad the first show is behind them now.

Question: It seems that they are pulling all the videos from YouTube except Deacon's. Are they are purposely keeping them up for publicity for him? I was really interested to see how Vince did on his leads but those were taken down so quickly that I didn't get an opportunity.
    Here's Vince singing Tequila Sunrise. I would watch this quickly before this one is gone too.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63SyfTQy0PE[/ame]

That is an interesting observation. Maybe they are taking down videos that's not the whole song or maybe like you said. Publicity.

I really hope they don't start taking down Vince's solo videos. It seem like they don't mess with Joe's solo videos. Joe probably don't mind if they record his shows.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Really looking forward to hearing about East Texas Girl's experience at the concert and roaming around L.A. I hope she had lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    Thank you for that! I also want to say how much I appreciate the work you have put into posting all of this information.

I think that they (the Eagles) want people to see that Deacon is up to the task. They almost never leave videos up.

Vince is one of the best singers/pickers in the game, IMHO. He is also a genuinely nice man and well respected.

I also love how the band thanked the fans for supporting them and "the family." All in all, I'm really glad it went so well and I hope that they continue to be successful. I've got nothing but love for all 9 of them. KUDOS, EAGLES!
    I loved what Don said about Vince. One of the finest singers, finest songwriters and finest musician that America has ever made(something like that). Hearing that coming from Don made me so happy.

I forgot ETG was there. She's been quiet. She's probably getting ready to see Don on Saturday.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree I think Deacon did dress that way to honor his dad. However, I think I remember reading the recap of Irving's interview with Sirius/XM about the show the Eagles Fastlane FB page posted that Irving said Deacon's been wearing the shades on his head for quite awhile (as in years) and made it sound like he inherited that too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

There is probably not a lot I can add that already hasn't been said. We had a great time and enjoyed the show. Bob Seger coming out to perform Heartache Tonight was an unexpected surprise. I was happy that they opened with SBR.

As you can tell from the attached photos we were up in the reserved seats on the right hand side but the screens were clear and visible. It was warm until the sun went down so the second night we hung out in the center reserve section where we could stand, dance and see everything front on and was in the shade. Seeing the large crowd is a spectacle unto itself!

We stayed in Chinatown about a mile away and walked back to the hotel after each night. We took an Uber there though as Dodger Stadium is on top of quite a high hill!

Overall, I think they did the best they could without having Glenn there and the fans were certainly appreciative and supportive of Deacon.

Definitely glad I attended....looking forward to Don's show this Saturday when I will be up close and personal!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border

LTEF - Glad you had a great time. When I heard the you tube videos of SSB and LE I thought they were only so so. What did you think since you were there ? The others sounded great. I checked East yesterday and there were still seats left - those mostly between $300-$450 for just Saturday's show(I did not check Sunday since the guys are not playing then).
    I am sure Irving has been busy booking dates as I write this.

Why do you think that again there were no songs from LROOE?
    It would have been good to hear How Long or Busy Being Fabulous.