Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Felder at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 26; Henley Nov. 1, 2017 - Rock Getaway - CANCELLED

Default Felder at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 26; Henley Nov. 1, 2017 - Rock Getaway - CANCELLED

This date is on Don's site. Has he played in Mexico before?

Default Re: Don Henley at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 30th 2017

I saw that on facebook last week. They will have other artists there. Felder will be there too. But he and Don are there on different days.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen Don and Felder's name on the same poster for the same event, but on different days.

http://www.rockgetaway.com/
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-04-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quintana Roo is the name of the state. I wonder why they don't give the town name. Anyway, from looking at a map seems like it's between Playa del Carmen and Tulum. Very interesting. One would expect a Hard Rock Hotel to be in Cancun, not halfway down the coast. Maybe Cancun is getting built out? It's been a long time since I was there (2002).

Border Desperado

Phase 1: Don Felder and Don Henley playing the same event at the same venue...even though it is at different times.

This is the closest those two have been in ages.

Also in January Felder and Joe Walsh were both doing Vegas residencies simultaneously.

Is Hell Freezing Over again?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    Phase 1: Don Felder and Don Henley playing the same event at the same venue...even though it is at different times.

This is the closest those two have been in ages.

Also in January Felder and Joe Walsh were both doing Vegas residencies simultaneously.

Is Hell Freezing Over again?
    Coincidence.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Coincidence.
    I'm sure it is coincidence. But sometimes just a chance meeting can turn into a conversation, that can turn into an idea, that can turn into something more.
    Not saying I think there is any chance of this, but you never can rule it out when you have guys with history in proximity to one another. Time has a way of smoothing some things over. Maybe not this...but maybe...

Neither Don or Felder will be there on the same day. Felder is there on October 26th while Don is there November 1st. Felder will probably be long gone from Mexico when Don is there.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Default BREAKING! HENLEY AND FELDER ON THE SAME BILL FOR ROCK GETWAY IN MEXICO

Default Re: BREAKING! HENLEY AND FELDER ON THE SAME BILL FOR ROCK GETWAY IN MEXICO

They are not playing the same night but I thought this was big news that they would even be together kn THE SAME BILL.

Banned

Default Re: BREAKING! HENLEY AND FELDER ON THE SAME BILL FOR ROCK GETWAY IN MEXICO

Do you think Don (F) will search out Don (H) with his olive branch?

Henley likes authenticity. Maybe they can turn out for each other's, inevitable encore, that they wrote together with Glenn, Hotel California.

I don't think either of them play it in the key it was originally written or released in though