Page 6 of 166 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I also believe they market themselves as 'Queen + [whoever]' these days.)
    Yes, they are now Queen & Adam Lambert

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    As far as for "what Glenn would want" - I don't presume to know that.
    Glenn's wishes regarding the use of the band name, the other guys' performance of his songs, etc... will be reflected in detail in the Eagles' business documents and his personal documents. I'm sure this was hashed out in extreme detail after Felder left the band and they realized that the four of them would carry on. The legal documents will anticipate all four of their deaths and what would happen after as regards each of their interests.

I think it would be lovely if Don, Tim and Joe each sings a Glenn song. I listened to Timothy sing PEF on that BBC Scotland radio show. It is so intimate, and though I don't like it nearly as much as Glenn's version, it is very moving. I would like to hear Don and Joe take one on - I wonder what it would be?

We've already hashed this out in other threads, so I'll be brief. I think it is so disrespectful to Don to claim that it is somehow unseemly for him to perform under the Eagles name. He is a founding member and it has been his life since 1971 and Joe's and Tim's since 1970-whatever. It is THEIR BAND, they have legal and moral ownership of it. Nothing will replace Glenn, ever. Everyone knows his contribution. He is greatly missed any any show would obviously have a gaping hole. I would think the same if Don died and Glenn were still alive to carry on playing those songs - of course he can call himself Eagles. I know we all disagree, but that is the good thing about this board! SONG POWER. xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    Whoever owns the trademark can do whatever-whenever.

I say Rock Away Blind and "welcome the joy!"

July 14-16th looks good for Los Angeles.
    July 7th-9th looks good for New York.

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC
    FYI Stevie Nicks is scheduled to perform at Hyde Park in London on July 9.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

My first reaction was it's a, f**k the fans just look at those receipts, show but the Eagles were the best in the business and you don't get to the top by allowing sentiment to cloud your judgement.

Within the last week or so, Timothy has said the future of the Eagles hasn't been discussed between the band members but I'm sure they've thought about it. How Long would it take for them to say, count me in, if Irving gave them a call. Still, I can't see Eagles as a trio. I'd want them to have Bernie and probably JD, Jackson or somebody else to provide lead vocals too.

If these concerts do come off, I hope the old Eagles / Fleetwood Mac rivalry induces the Eagles to add some new or at least 21st Century material to their set list. I'm sure Fleetwood Mac will.

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Ever since Don H made the comment about performing with Glenn's son, I got the sense he wasn't ready to let go of a band that's been part of his life since 1971. I don't think it's really fair to hold him to statements he made soon after the death of his longtime friend and bandmate. Same for Joe and Timothy. In a recent interview from a month ago (which I posted earlier in the Joe-The Future thread), he said this:

After Frey’s death, Henley said he would no longer play with The Eagles, but he leaves that door open now.

“We just passed the one-year anniversary of his passing. We wanted to give it a year to mourn and to absorb his death. Now that the new year is upon us, we’ll take another look and see what might be possible.”
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...tesman-of-rock

Joe and Timothy have also made similar comments recently. This is conjecture on my part but I believe Glenn would be pleased to think a band he started 45 years ago is still in demand and drawing crowds.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    FYI Stevie Nicks is scheduled to perform at Hyde Park in London on July 9.
    So nicks to Sunday the 9th for a Mac-attack but they could still play that weekend on the 6th or the 7th in New York. None of the others are on tour soooo.....

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC
    Last edited by carol7lynn; 03-03-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Yes, but none of those with the possible exception of John Entwistle (and John Deacon in Queen) were at anywhere near the age the Eagles are at now in the same predicament; Bonham died in 1980, Moon two years earlier. If Daltrey, May or Page were sadly to pass away now I don't think their bands would be as eager now they are well into the autumn of their careers to fill the void and carry on. Black Sabbath replaced Bill Ward a few years ago when they collectively refused to reunite and that's still a toxic topic amongst their fans.

(FWIW, I don't think Queen ever recovered from losing Freddie. I also believe they market themselves as 'Queen + [whoever]' these days.)
    Fair enough. John Deacon is still alive, by the way - he just chose not to continue with Queen after Freddie died.

As far as the Eagles go, it wouldn't be right, and I find it hard to believe after everything Henley, Joe, and Timothy have said over the past year.

To quote EddieVan, "you got to roll with the punches to get to what's real...unchained, you got to hit the ground running..."

With that in mind: Unchained, The Eagles all individually hit the ground running quite nicely following Glenn ' s passing and now it's time to get behind the proposed project "to get to what's real."

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Fair enough. John Deacon is still alive, by the way - he just chose not to continue with Queen after Freddie died.
    Indeed I was aware, I probably should have clarified he wasn't a fatality! I've always admired Deacon: quiet, reserved but a very good bassist with a decent song in him. Retired in his 40s having made an absolute fortune and disappeared off the face of the earth. That's how it's done!

Indeed I was aware, I probably should have clarified he wasn't a fatality! I've always admired Deacon: quiet, reserved but a very good bassist with a decent song in him. Retired in his 40s having made an absolute fortune and disappeared off the face of the earth. That's how it's done!
    With all of the musicians who died in the past year, you certainly gave me pause for a minute! I think I read somewhere that he is still involved with the financial aspects of Queen, he just doesn't perform anymore.