Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl from Yesterday

Default Girl from Yesterday

Hello !
    I've been a fan of the Eagles from waaaaay back.
    I first saw them in the early 70s at a three day outdoor concert in Sedalia Missouri. Although I've seen them several times since, that experience is the one that will forever hold a special place in my mind.
    I've never lost my appreciation for their music ,and I have often wandered into this forum to read as a guest .
    The passing of Glenn Frey, and now the tragedy that is going on in Randy's life has finally lead me to suck it up and register . I may not say much, in fact, I may not say anything at all...and then again sometimes many of you will simply wish to put me on ignore to get me to shut up .
    I just felt the need to register to be able to chime in if the urge strikes my fancy.
    I'm likely ole enough to be some of y'all's mother,many maybe even some of y'all's grandmother, but we share a love and appreciation for some beautiful music , which for me and I'm sure many of us goes hand in hand with memories of times and events in our lifetime. I'm happy to say that although not a huge, huge fan, my 24 year old son listens to Eagles music and appreciates it as well .
    Anyway . Nice to meet ya !

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Girl from Yesterday

Welcome, GfY! I'm also from Missouri and would have loved to have gone to that show in Sedalia, had I known about it! But, being only 16 at the time, the parents would have never let me!

Enjoy yourself here!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Welcome to the Border.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Welcome, Girl. Fer heaven's sake, we hope you do speak. We always like to hear from early Eagles experiencers - I do, anyway

Were you at the notorious Ozark Music Festival of 1974? You may enjoy this article: http://www.kansascity.com/entertainm...e27672037.html

Welcome, Gfy. Lovely to have you here.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Welcome GfY! Hope you enjoy it here. I for one would love to hear about your 1970s Eagles concert experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Welcome, Girl. Fer heaven's sake, we hope you do speak. We always like to hear from early Eagles experiencers - I do, anyway

Were you at the notorious Ozark Music Festival of 1974? You may enjoy this article: http://www.kansascity.com/entertainm...e27672037.html

Yes ! Thanks for the link, just reading it sparked a few memories . I had forgotten that long wait to get in ! I found a couple of YouTube videos of it as well.
    What a great time to be young and free !
    Joe Walsh absolutely tore it up and the Eagles "Witchy Woman " and "Peaceful Easy Feeling " couldn't have been more ....almost mystical on that hot summer night ....funny they never sounded better in any place with better acoustics than they did on that night l I remember Glenn Frey dedicating "Already Gone " to President Nixon and the crowd going wild ! Good times !
    Been a die hard fan ever since.
    Ha ! I remember coming home and my father telling me stories of the towns people,having been raped and pillaged as he had seen it on the news,no doubt aghast that his daughter was there among the madness !
    We seem to have missed alot of the madness, there were way too many of us in a VW bus and we came prepared with food and drink and camped out in the campgrounds. I do remember stories of no food or drink being available in the town. Also many announcements to Not take the yellow acid lol.
    Makes me sad that today's youth will never know that freedom...and where the hell did all the music go ?

Welcome!

Border Desperado

Welcome GFY! You put it well. Many events from my past are closely intertwined with various Eagles songs. I'll now cherish those memories even more.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Welcome, GFY !!