Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terrorist Attacks in the United Kingdom

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Terrorist Attack at Concert in Manchester, UK

Ongoing events suspected to be terrorist attacks in London tonight, with police responding to three separate incidents thus far, and at least one confirmed fatality.

Death toll is up to six, and at least 20 other casualties, according to BBC World News.

Many thoughts and prayers for the victims, their families, and indeed, the city of London.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Isn't tonight the "One Love" benefit concert for the Manchester victims' families? Praying for people's safety in the UK.

I moved the posts about the political aspect of dealing with terrorism to their own thread here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=7050

I have also changed the thread title to reflect that, sadly, the terrorist attacks have gone beyond Manchester to other areas of the UK.

Why is the UK suddenly a target?? I don't get it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Death toll is up to six, and at least 20 other casualties, according to BBC World News.

Many thoughts and prayers for the victims, their families, and indeed, the city of London.
    Indeed! So awful.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I agree with you (and Mozzer, this time). But predictably, quite a few folks responded to him with charges of racism and xenophobia. I thought what he said was quite reasonable. And it's certainly got more sense and substance than the "let's hug it out" banalities of other celeb comments.
    Agreed. Didn't even know about the London attack until went to the station to check on trains for Sunday and saw a sign saying 'due to the incident at London Bridge' so I asked a member of staff and he told me. Terrible times we live in.

Theresa May seems to be blaming the internet. The internet didn't drive the van. No real technology was needed for that attack. It's not relevant. It's just a way of trying to shift the blame.

But anyway, you know how the Eagles/Prince camp can immediately remove unwanted footage from YT, I've often wondered why the government can't do the same with extremist material. Use the same algorithms. I'm not technical but can't it be done?

RIP London Bridge victims.

SS
    xx
    http://aweaponryofwords.blogspot.co....their-own.html

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Terrorist Attacks in the United Kingdom

I saw on the news the concert raised 13 million for the victims. Sending thoughts and prayers to everyone in the UK.