Page 103 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Thank ya, Rudie. I don't know if they're doing meet and greet, but I'd love to get a pic with Christine. I'd try to be dignified and not blubber.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

CBS This Morning did an interview for with Mick this morning about the new Fleetwood Mac book "Love that Burns" which is the first in a series and that tells the history of the band with this one the early years. Looks really nice and they have a full interview with Mick that'll air on Monday's show.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Buffy - I saw that too. It was a good interview and as you said, it looks like it is a good book. Did not know he almost joined a band with Rod Stewart.
    50 years is a long time. I hope to see them next time they came to the NY/NJ area.

Think About Me Acoustic Link (I apologize for my talking, loud crowd chit chat, and poorly singing one chorus lyric):
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqWub1Bx8Ub7hgLFn17yGbMM3FXw

Red Rover Acoustic Link (I apologize if it sounds botched because of my talking and/or the crowd having loud chit chat): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqWub1Bx8Ub7hgHeAmSWu18BQ77J

If you want the audio recording of the Las Vegas show, PM me. I edited the audio recording of LBCM and the Wallflowers, so it's not one combined file. If this is bad/illegal, please let me know and I will delete this part of the post.

Also, thanks Buffy, for the CBS This Morning heads up!

NMB, I would probably freak out happily if I ever met Lindsey, which is not good for anybody to deal with. I hope you get to meet Christine at one of the shows! M&G would be kind of hard for me to do, due to paying money to be nervous as heck to meet an awesome musician. I honestly don't know how you guys keep your composure. I freaked out happily pretty bad seeing Jimmy Paxson and Brett Tuggle at a restaurant without even being too close to them, but just being in the proximity of them.

Ok, cont'd:

"You Make Loving Fun" was ehh, since Christine's age kind of showed when she sang it. The chorus was a little rough, but it is pretty hard to sing 'I never did believe in miracles' at that high of a pitch. "I'm So Afraid" was wonderful as always. It was nice to see Lindsey go to the center right edge of the stage. People didn't go up to him or stand during his solo, except for a few. Those few were at the center front row and they were very enthusiastic with their dancing. I'm thinking that security was preventing people from getting too close to the stage.

"Go Your Own Way" was typical, and I liked it when Christine shook a bat at Lindsey during the 'packing up shacking up' lyric. She's been doing that for most of the tour based on videos online that I've seen. It's good to see that they're just having fun with it and it's not a Lindsey singing at Stevie song for this tour. Like, he walks and leans next to her a lot while he's just strumming away at his guitar

"Everywhere" sounded good, and I love that song. Lindsey was a little rough in the harmonizing during the chorus. During the Band Intros, Jimmy Paxson, the drummer with the hair, got the biggest applause out of the backing band. People were leaving during "Lay Down for Free" and "Game of Pretend." They started leaving when Lindsey said they were going to close out with a couple of new songs from the album.

I like "Lay Down for Free" and he got it close to the studio version. This could be seen as a good or a bad thing, depending on how much you don't really like his pre-recorded backing tracks and vocals. Like I said before, it doesn't bother me, but I would prefer if he didn't try to replicate the studio sound for the sake of live music.

"Game of Pretend" is an ok song to me on the album, so I did mess up the recording of it. I was asking an usher a question, so yeah, I know, bad on me. It's too bad that she needs to introduce it as not "Songbird," but maybe she's making an artistic statement by saying that. I heard someone say a disappointed 'aww' because it wasn't "Songbird." The song has grown on me though. There was some sort of hiccup at the beginning of it, I think. I saw the sound guy make a face or some gesture of frustration. There was one more sort of error that happened earlier, but I can't remember anymore. I'm glad that when she sings the verses, we can hear the imperfections of her voice. That's not a bad thing, but I'm saying that it's better than hearing an artificial studio sounding version live.

I think they left the stage fairly quickly after doing the final bows. The Vegas crowd didn't stand up too much, but it was nice to see a few enthusiastic fans at the front. More people did stand up after GYOW.

People were yelling out "The Chain" before "Red Sun," and they were also yelling out "Big Love" before "You Make Loving Fun." Someone did say 'we love you!' before YMLF though.

Thanks again Rudie - I love reading your posts!

BTW, yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the first show Fleetwood Mac ever did with Peter Green in England!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Thanks for the acoustic link. I wondered if Steve Juber had ever recorded the song, as he does covers with acoustic guitar, but it appears that he hasn't.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I got 10th row, Christine-side, despite being a day late to the pre-sale due to travel snafus. It doesn't appear that they're doing meet 'n greet/VIP, but the tickets are plenty expensive regardless

About the acoustic guitar mystery: you make a valid point Rudie of course that it's reasonable to assume it's Lindsey. The only thing holding me back is that Lindsey has such a distinct tone/feel to his playing that one usually doesn't have to wonder, "Is that Lindsey Buckingham?"; you just know it's him. His acoustic playing has a very distinctive percussive sound and even his electric guitar (thinking of the chord flourishes on Bob Welch's "Sentimental Lady") is hard to miss.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 08-16-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I got 10th row, Christine-side, despite being a day late to the pre-sale due to travel snafus. It doesn't appear that they're doing meet 'n greet/VIP, but the tickets are plenty expensive regardless

About the acoustic guitar mystery: you make a valid point Rudie of course that it's reasonable to assume it's Lindsey. The only thing holding me back is that Lindsey has such a distinct tone/feel to his playing that one usually doesn't have to wonder, "Is that Lindsey Buckingham?"; you just know it's him. His acoustic playing has a very distinctive percussive sound and even his electric guitar (thinking of the chord flourishes on Bob Welch's "Sentimental Lady") is hard to miss.
    I must admit: To me, the acoustic TAM doesn't sound like Lindsey at all.

Buckingham McVie were on The Talk and The Late Late Show with James Corden this week. Sorry that I lagged on that. There was an interview for the former but not the latter.

The Late Late Show with James Corden playing "Lay Down for Free"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQpY4V8gPNU

If you like their performance, I would YT to mp4 it b/c their appearance from Jimmy Fallon was removed after about a week or two probably to avoid licensing/copyright fees.

The Talk appearance (Interview starts at around 28:50):
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/vi...lk-10-10-2017/

It expires in a few days. I would screen record it through Microsoft software if you have Windows. I don't know what Mac users can do for that. This of course if you want to save it.

I'm going to post about the San Jose concert in another post b/c what I wrote for The Ledge was way too long.

This is very first-person-y and not objective nor professional at all. I apologize for a long account. If there are formatting/something looks wrong or missing, please let me know b/c I was messing with the formatting and may have deleted something. Also, if it's not appropriate to mention anything about Lindsey's brother please let me know, so I redact them. I thought they were okay for The Ledge, but I'm not sure of the policy for here.

I have audio of the show if anyone is interested.

It was a great show as always! They didn't change the setlist from the first leg. Lindsey's brother was there, since it's a San Jose show. He walked by me once. He's a really cool and chill dude from someone else's account.

As for the opening act, Wilderado, I'm not a fan of their music. They're good, but it sounded like sad rock music. I'm not aware of any guitar solos during their set. I was unfortunately bored, but like I said, I'm not into their style. It was hard to hear the singer's voice, so I couldn't articulate what he was singing. However, I did like the third-to-last song they did, which is the one before the lead singer pulled an acoustic guitar. I wish the Wallflowers were the opener.

In between the acts, I saw LB's brother talking with people at the front, and then he walked by me to go somewhere. He had a Buckingham McVie pass that was like a lanyard with a card, not the sticker. I didn't take a picture as he was walking by b/c I didn't want to be that creepy. I was Section 101 Row E, so I was on the far right side if looking at the stage. There was not one bad seat in the house pretty much, but there are areas where it's definitely obstructed view. It wasn't sold out completely, but it was pretty full. I can't comment on the percentage of sales, since the upper balcony was sparse on the sides, but fairly full in the center.

The acoustic set was "Trouble," "Wish You Were Here," "Never Going Back Again," and "Shut Us Down." It was somehow better than the LV show I went to, but probably due to being much closer this time around. I don't have much to say about acoustic "Trouble" other than that the audience liked it. I mean, I wish he'd go back to the manic way he played it for SNL in 1982. Unfortunately, Christine's age is showing when she sings "Wish You Were Here," but this time around, her singing was better than Las Vegas. It still wavered, but it didn't sound as aged. I don't dislike whispering with Spanish-ish guitar intro NGBA b/c I haven't seen it played to death like some of you. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but it hasn't worn thin on me yet. But then again, NGBA isn't a favorite of mine for his picking and singing in the first place. SUD was very good to see and hear compared to the studio version. You really witness the power of that song without his production processes.

Typical spiel into the new songs and you can speculate what he said. I may make a post that's like a pseudo-transcript later, but don't hold your breath.

I love "Sleeping Around the Corner" and I wanted to stand up so badly. I didn't have the nerve yet. It didn't sound as karaoke machine-like for some reason. I'm not saying that it's devoid of it, but it just didn't sound as noticeable. Heck, my ears aren't that great for detecting it, so take it with a grain of salt as you will. "Feel About You" is the song that I stood up for and stood for the rest of the night. Thankfully, I had an end seat, so I could shift my body to not be in the way of the people behind me. I kind of felt bad for still standing for "In My World" b/c it's not as upbeat but I love the song so much. You hear tinges of karaoke, but it doesn't overpower it. My dad loves "Too Far Gone," so I got crummy videography of that (I apologize for any potential motion sickness). The way the lighting was made the video not as good as I would have liked. I could have gotten better video from the video screens on the top left and right of the stage (didn't realize it until the ISA solo and even before, the quality was iffy but only during the acoustic set's lighting). It was awesome that they had video screens, and I'm curious if the first leg had them.

"Hold Me" was fun and I like the 'Why don't you' and 'Come on and.' I don't care that they may be karaoke. The crowd went nuts over "Little Lies" and people from the first 3 rows ran up to the stage. They were the permitted ones. I saw people from beyond that get turned away. I'm timid and shy, so I didn't bother. I eventually got my way to the front-ish, and I'm not good with crowds anyways. I liked my lone off-to-the-side dancing area, and my audio recording would probably be messed up. It was distracting though seeing the staff turn a few away. "Tusk" was great as always, and I went nuts over that. I let a lot more loose this time, compared to Las Vegas. Also, I think someone got to strum his guitar, touch his arm, and then touch his head/hair after the end of "Tusk" b/c he bent over at the front of the stage.

Typical spiel about the album and return of Christine. I may make a post that's like a pseudo-transcript later, but don't hold your breath.

I really like "Love Is Here to Stay," even though it's not really dynamic. It's just a pleasant love song with his finger picking and voice, and I don't care if he's not at all angsty in it. He does turn a knob on his Rick Turner Renaissance to produce that double guitar effect. I wish that he wouldn't karaoke it up at all regarding the backing vocals b/c I know that Christine isn't doing them. "Red Sun" is fun as always, and I love that line dancing to it was posted on here and the FB group. I really danced to it.

I'm not a big fan of "You Make Loving Fun," but they don't play it that often on recent FM tours, right? However, I really liked it here more than Las Vegas b/c I think her singing on it was better. "I'm So Afraid" was awesome as always. It's way too long to record, especially when I love how he sings the lyrics b/c I get into it. I did get most of the guitar solo from the video screen. "Go Your Own Way" was the same old same old. No technical problems as far as I can tell (referring to Classic East). Christine brought out the bat during 'packin up, shackin up' but she didn't wave it. I think I got closer to the stage by only a couple rows, but I wasn't daring enough to proceed.

I didn't push it to be at the front. "Everywhere" was fun as always. For band intros, I was tempted to yell out that Paxson's (the drummer) Instagram was awesome, but I didn't have the nerve. I was also tempted to yell out "Michael Tugglas" for Brett Tuggle, since that's been a recent recurring joke on Paxson's IG stories. I don't have the nerve, but if any Borderers would be kind enough to give a shout out like that in future shows that would be much appreciated! If you don't want to it's fine, I just left this part from The Ledge.

It was really cool to see an old people couple sort of swing dance during "Lay Down for Free." The enthusiasm for this song was much higher than for Las Vegas. I saw people leave as soon as Lindsey said that they were going to close out the show with a couple of new ones in Las Vegas. I was towards the back during that show, so I saw a lot of the audience.

The highlight of the night was being allowed to go towards the front row-ish to take pictures and video for "Game of Pretend." I asked one of the staff members before the show if it was okay if I could go upstairs to look at pictures from people that performed at the City National Civic before. FM played here on Jan. 31, 1974 and Nov. 30, 1975, according to Paxson's IG story footage. Their picture on the first floor says Dec. 2, 1975. Anyways, the staff member remembered me and allowed me to go up, so I finally got a good quality shot and video that doesn't look washed out on an iPhone, lol. I'm very glad that my enthusiasm was rewarded at the end, since I stood up for the rest of the show after "Feel About You." I was hoping to get noticed by senpai, and I don't think I succeeded. At the end, I was waving my "Go Insane" CD, but he didn't notice it.

I also saw LB's brother again at the end walking past me as I was exiting the stage room. Could not discreetly snap a pic for PM purposes for curious people without being creepy.

Various notes: Someone behind me said Lindsey was cute very often during the show. She also said that he was gay (lol) and it was cute that he changes his guitars all the time. Apparently, that person or someone else annoyed the hell out of my parents b/c their ears were ringing with that person's hollering. I liked how I could see guitars on 'my left' side of the stage from my view, but I don't think they were his. He often went to the right to get his guitars. It's also amazing how thin that the Buckingham brothers can stay at their age. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's astounding that genetics were very kind to them.

EDIT: Also, in a recent SJ Mercury article, Lindsey said that he saw Chuck Berry at the City National Civic. I saw a picture of Chuck Berry in the lobby and Paxson's IG story indicates that Berry played here on Oct. 17, 1957. LB would have been 8 years old, and I'm surprised that he can remember that far long ago. Berry must have been pretty awesome.

I also have small tidbit that my dad's cousin has regarding Lindsey and his brother, Jeff, from a cousin that worked at Wells Fargo in Palo Alto. I'll put it in the LB thread.
    Last edited by RudieCantFail; 10-15-2017 at 06:45 AM.