Thread: Celebration of the Very Best of The Eagles

Default Celebration of the Very Best of The Eagles

I couldn't find the thread for this so I hope its ok to do one.

Happy Belated 15th Birthday to the Very Best of the Eagles album. The anniversary was on October 21st.

This was actually my very first Eagles album I ever bought when I first became a fan in 2013.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Celebration of the Very Best of The Eagles

I love this cd and play it all the time.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I love this CD too. It was actually the first CD I ever bought. I had all the band's albums on vinyl and cassettes, but I did not own a CD player until the first car I ever bought with one. I remember that as soon as I drove the car off the lot, I pulled into a Best Buy to buy a CD. This was the first CD I picked out in the store - I bought another one too - either Madonna or Elton John (maybe both), but the first one that was played in the car was, of course, Eagles! Hard to believe that was only 15 years ago given the size of my CD collection now.

In addition to being a fantastic compilation, I love the booklet with the comments from Don and Glenn on each song.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I loved the book too. I need to find it. I put the CD on my MP3 player. That's probably why I don't have the studio albums because majority of the songs I like is on that CD.

I bought this album first then I got Selected Works because I wanted the Millennium concert

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

This was the first CD I bought after I had my interest renewed in the Eagles in 2005. At the time, the only other CDs I had were the Greatest Hits Vols 1 and 2, and I had bought those a decade earlier.

These CDs didn't leave my car for the better part of a year.

And so it began!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten