Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Def Leppard

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Def Leppard 2009

You got it, TBF!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I think they definitely had a 'bad boy' image. They, along with Journey, were/are probably my favorite 80's band though.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

My last band thread post for tonight!

Def Leppard is one of my favorite 80s bands. My favorite 80s bands for the record are Leppard, Journey, and Guns n' Roses. My favorite Leppard song probably won't come as a surprise, as it is indeed their biggest hit "Pour Some Sugar On Me". I miss Steve Clark though. He was my favorite Leppard guitarist. I don't care much for Vivian Campbell and his attitude, but Phil Collen is a great guitarist too.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I saw DL a few years ago in Peoria and didn't really know much of their music at the time. Now I've become a huge fan and would love to see them again. My favorite song is Hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I saw DL a few years ago in Peoria and didn't really know much of their music at the time. Now I've become a huge fan and would love to see them again. My favorite song is Hysteria.
    That's where I saw them for the first time! Peoria! I had only heard a couple of their songs. Pour Some Sugar and Hysteria are my two favorites.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Austin, back in their heyday, my daughter liked them (she was like 12) and I told her she couldn't listen to their music cause it wasn't nice. When she heard we went to their concert she couldn't believe it!

I guess I've changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Austin, back in their heyday, my daughter liked them (she was like 12) and I told her she couldn't listen to their music cause it wasn't nice. When she heard we went to their concert she couldn't believe it!

I guess I've changed.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Default Re: Def Leppard

Went to see Def Leppard Wednesday night at the Sprint Center in Kansas City! They put on a really great show and man, those guys are in shape! I took some pics, but I found some online and they are much better than mine, so take a look at the shirtless guitar player! He must be at least 40 or so! Whoa! I'm a casual fan, so I really don't know their names other than the lead singer, Joe.
    http://www.deflepparduk.com/2012kansascitypics.html

It was sweltering hot outside and we had to walk about 4 blocks from our hotel to the venue, but we stopped for refreshments before the show in the Power & Light District which is a really cool area of bars and restaurants next door to the Sprint Center.

There were two opening acts, Lita Ford and Poison. I had heard of LF, but didn't know any songs at all. She was pretty good and looked like she was pretty. Tall with long blond hair. Quite a hard rocker. Not really my cup of tea. She played for about a half hour.

Poison was much better. Of course, I love Brett Michaels and some of the Poison songs. Especially Every Rose Has It's Thorn, Unskinny Bop, and Talk Dirty To Me. He didn't do Something To Believe In which disappointed me, but he looked great and sounded great too. I think he's lost a bit of weight since seeing him on his crazy reality show, Rock of Love. They played about an hour.

Our seats were about half court in the first row of the lower bowl. Not bad, but I would prefer to be closer and will remember that next time I buy tickets. At least there was no one standing in front of me! Being short (5'3") that far back on the floor would mean I would have a very hard time seeing much.

I'm more of a fan of DL now than when I went to the first show I saw of theirs, so I knew lots more songs. Their stage was awesome! A double decker with stairs on each side and different band members were constantly going up and down during the songs.

When they came out their whole show was just much more over the top than the other two acts. The whole stage production reminded me of an Eagles show as it just really had the wow factor. They played about an hour and a half with no breaks other than a drum solo and a guitar solo giving the others time to change shirts. They did a few songs I didn't know, but also most of the ones I did. They did about 18 songs. My favorites:

Foolin', Animal, Love Bites, Let's Get Rocked, When Love & Hate Collide, Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad, Two Steps Behind, Bringing On The Heartbreak, Hysteria, Armageddon It, Photograph, Pour Some Sugar On Me, and Rock Of Ages. I think my overall fave is Hysteria.

All in all, we had a great time and it was well worth seeing DL and Poison. One thing, neither did encores. They just thanked everyone for coming, waved to the crowd and did a few high fives with those in front!

ETA: One more thing, the arena was packed out and the whole crowd stood the entire time for Poison and Def Leppard. KC was into it and rocked out!
    Last edited by Brooke; 06-30-2012 at 02:24 PM.

glad you had fun Brooke...I love DL...have seen them live several times...they are always good...have been a long time fan of theirs...interesting that they didn't do an encore...I can't remember if they did in the past when I've seen them..hmm

I'd love to see Def Leppard. They (and REM) were where my musical energy went after the Eagles were no more. I saw REM a couple of times but never made it to DL.

By the way, the lack of an encore would be a bonus for my husband. He gets so frustrated with what he calls the "encore game". His philosophy is "Just play the d--n songs! You know you're going to anyway!". When I read him Brooke's post about that, it made him want to see DL now too.