Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD

Default Favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD

I was reading some old threads last night and saw Mrs Frey's thread about favorite HFO moments. I didn't see one for FT1, so I thought I'd start it. I might have to do this in 2 parts - I have many! I, of course, loved the whole thing, but here are the highlights:

Long Run - Don doing that little talking motion with his hands while he sings "People talkin' about us..." Also, when he sings to Joe, "Cause all the debutantes in Houston, baby, couldn't hold a candle to you."

Wasted Time - I just love watching Don sing this song and just give it his all - his eyes closed, his emoting. I especially love it when it's just Don's voice and Glenn's piano playing.

Peaceful Easy Feeling - I don't think I've heard the opening strains of this song sound as sweet as it does on this DVD.

One of These Nights - Don's drumming and singing lead and that great "Whoa-oo-whoa-ooh-whoa--ooh!" Those high notes! How the hell can he still do that?

One Day at a Time - Joe Walsh: "It's about relevant stuff." LOL! The song was a nice surprise. I'm always leery when it comes to new stuff, but I liked this right away.

Lyin' Eyes - Glenn: "...an old song...it's just about all we have" and his referring to his first wife as "plaintiff."

Boys of Summer - When Don strums the guitar to begin the first "I can see you..." refrain. I don't know why, but I find that simple move very sexy.

Already Gone - Love Don's intense face during this song or as I like to call it - his "I think something crawled into my drum set and died" grimace.

No More Cloudy Days - Like One Day at a Time, this was a pleasant surprise too. I was so happy to see that it's on Long Road Out of Eden (which I'll finally get Christmas morning - can't wait!)

You Belong to the City - Love the whole number, but especially the repetitive (and almost hypnotic) drumbeat.

Life's Been Good - I really get a kick out of watching Glenn's reactions to Joe's antics. Even Don looks like he's having fun with this song! My favorite part is when Glenn and Joe are shuffling across the stage and it looks like Joe misses a step or something. It cracks Glenn and Don up.

Dirty Laundry - So cool! I love watching Tim and Glenn strut around the stage and Don looks oh so cool playing the guitar. And I like the little 5-man hop that they do.

Life in the Fast Lane - Don: "Are you with me so far?" (Audience cheers) "Good!"

All She Wants to Do is Dance - Glenn's dancing is great! He's so uninhibited! Joe's little shuffle across stage is hilarious. And I love the huge grin on Don's face when he's playing with Tim.

Desperado - no explanation needed here. It's all Don, baby!

General highlights:

I love watching Don play the "stand-up percussion set" (for lack of a better term). Very sexy! I especially enjoy watching the synchronicity between him and Scott Crago. There are some great shots of them during In the City and Walkaway and their drumming is just flawless.

Okay, raise your hand if you think Will Hollis is just too damn cute?

I really enjoy the audience shots. Everyone looks so happy to be there (and why wouldn't they be?). I love watching them dance and sing along with the boys.

Wardrobe change: Don looked mighty fine in the first part of the concert, but I do like him in his denim and plaid shirts. I like that laid back, comfortable look that he has.

Bonus features: I'm liking Don's scruffy whiskered look and he smiles and laughs! I laughed when he mentioned the writer who said that they "loiter on stage...it's a little more dignified to loiter" (at their age).

Well, I guess I got everything in. How about you? What are your favorite moments?
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Great choices! I'm going to have to watch Farewell 1 again in order to truly do this up right! Such a painful task.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    The Long Run - .......when Don sings to Joe, "Cause all the debutantes in Houston, baby, couldn't hold a candle to you."
    Me too! I just love the "buddy stuff" between the guys. There's always so much talk about tension, that it's nice to see stuff like this. I know it's something they do all the time, but I still think it's nice to see
    Wasted Time - I just love watching Don sing this song and just give it his all - his eyes closed, his emoting. I especially love it when it's just Don's voice and Glenn's piano playing.
    Same here! His voice is SO full of emotion when he sings this song! Gives me goosebumps!
    One of These Nights - Don's drumming and singing lead and that great "Whoa-oo-whoa-ooh-whoa--ooh!" Those high notes!
    One of my very favorites to watch and listen to! From Tim's bass in the beginning (he's always fun to watch because he seems like he's enjoying himself so much!), to the same part you mentioned with Don to the part at the very end where he adds another oooh while they're ending
    One Day at a Time - Joe Walsh: "It's about relevant stuff."
    I love that line from Joe and I love the "ooo la la la" background parts. I LOVE Don in his black suit with the brown shirt back there playing the percussion set!
    Boys of Summer - When Don strums the guitar to begin the first "I can see you..." refrain. I don't know why, but I find that simple move very sexy.
    Agreed! A couple of other parts that I love..........there's a few parts where Don's singing and you can see Glenn singing along over beside him. So cute! And near the end it almost seems like Don's voice is getting raspy and he might be straining a little to hit the notes, he looks over to his right real quick and Glenn and Tim join him in singing some lines.
    No More Cloudy Days -
    I love listening to this song on this dvd. Glenn sounds so smooth! I love the harmonies!
    You Belong to the City - Love the whole number, but especially the repetitive (and almost hypnotic) drumbeat.
    This is another of my favorites to watch! Agree about the drumbeat! I love Tim's bass at the beginning and then he starts singing with Glenn. Another part that I love is right before Joe's solo, the camera is on Tim and he keeps playing the bass with his right hand and points to Joe with his left as Joe starts the solo.
    Life's Been Good - I really get a kick out of watching Glenn's reactions to Joe's antics. Even Don looks like he's having fun with this song! My favorite part is when Glenn and Joe are shuffling across the stage and it looks like Joe misses a step or something. It cracks Glenn and Don up.
    Another of my favorites to watch! (I seem to be saying that a lot! lol) Remember earlier when I said I like the "buddy stuff?" Well this song is full of it! I love how much fun Joe and Glenn are having and then you see Don cracking up in back as well. But I really enjoy watching Glenn and Joe interact in this song......Joe will sing something or do something and Glenn will laugh......Glenn will do something and laugh and then Joe will grin............it's adorable to watch
    Dirty Laundry - So cool! I love watching Tim and Glenn strut around the stage and Don looks oh so cool playing the guitar. And I like the little 5-man hop that they do.
    Ah yes......the song that got my attention! LOVE watching it! I love at the beginning where the lights are down and the camera comes behind Joe and he's doing the moonwalk (or attempting it LOL) in place. I love how into it the entire band gets....it seems like they enjoy playing it!
    Life in the Fast Lane - Don: "Are you with me so far?" (Audience cheers) "Good!"
    One of my very favorite Eagles songs! I love that part you mentioned! I also love when the last "life in the fastlane" has been sung.....and it starts to go into all the cool stuff at the end....when Don's drumming kicks up a notch and brings them back up to speed. I love it! He makes his "drumming face!" I also love glenn and tim's synchronized steps near the end. lol
    All She Wants to Do is Dance - Glenn's dancing is great! He's so uninhibited! Joe's little shuffle across stage is hilarious. And I love the huge grin on Don's face when he's playing with Tim.
    Isn't that grin cuuuute?! Joe is just too much fun....I'd love to meet him! I love Glenn's confidence!

I love watching Don play the "stand-up percussion set" (for lack of a better term). Very sexy! I especially enjoy watching the synchronicity between him and Scott Crago. There are some great shots of them during In the City and Walkaway and their drumming is just flawless.
    Me too!!! I love to see the two of them in sync like that and as much as I love to see Don on drums.....I also love to see him over there being multi-talented

Okay, raise your hand if you think Will Hollis is just too damn cute?
    !!!!!!!

Well.......I just had to comment on most of the things you had mentioned because I love them so much too! But I'll have to watch it again to find my own and then I'll get back to you
    Great post by the way! I love commenting on things like this!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm gonna have to watch it again as well. There's my homework for Saturday night when my better half is working to 'keep the city safe'

My favourite moment on the tour was when the boys came out and started the gig and I just looked.....and thought...

'Is that Glenn Frey? He is Absolutely GORGEOUS '

Thats hard to beat!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh, wow - thanks for starting this thread, Katherine! I'm glad that my HFO thread inspired you to do so! It's funny, I was thinking of starting one for F1, but it's so much longer than HFO and I think I would probably take about two pages of this thread if I were to list all of my favourite moments!

I've logged on from a friend's house (since I'm on leave from work and daily internet access ), so I'm going to offer a few thoughts at the top of my head. I think all your favourite moments are fantastic (yours too, Maleah!), and I consider some of them among my favourite moments, too. Please excuse me if I repeat some of them:

1. I love the opening sequence and brief shots of the boys backstage. Sometimes it's frustrating because they're just too brief! I need more ogling time, because they look so incredibly smart. Wow.

2. The Long Run: when I get that first real glimpse of Glenn in his grey suit and pink shirt, rocking away on rhythm guitar, it takes my breath away. It's barely believable that a man of 56 can look that good

3. The Long Run: I love Don performing this song. He looks so relaxed and confident. And very, very sexy. I love his outfit - the way his shirt hangs loosely beneath his jacket. I also love it when he puts his arm around Joe: "couldn't hold a candle to you"! Joe's expression is priceless!

4. I love Glenn's "Welcome" speech, to the Eagles' "Farewell One" concert. "Moving along into "Farewell 2" at some point I'm sure..." I LOVE IT!!! The way Timothy and Joe stick out their fingers is also amusing!

5. Glenn's intensity in "New Kid In Town" is a sight to behold. Just like Don, the way he hits those notes is just phenomenal, especially since his voice has dropped quite a bit since his twenties.

6. Wasted Time: Don's vocal is magnificent, and I love Glenn on piano. Once again, his intensity as he lifts his fingers above the piano keys absolutely thrills me.

7. I Can't Tell You Why: Beautiful Timmy vocal, as always. I love the way Tim walks over to Steuart Smith during his guitar solo, and says something to make him smile. That's a special moment.

8. One Of These Nights: Don singing and playing the drums at the same time in this song always fascinates me endlessly. It's a complicated drum pattern and the vocal isn't easy either. Simply amazing. I love the intensity on Glenn's face when he reaches for the high notes at the end!

9. One Day At A Time: I love Joe's honest and sincere introduction. It's poignant and I think it took a lot of guts, to be frank. It's a great song too and an excellent Joe vocal.

10. Lyin' Eyes: this is one of my favourite Eagles songs, and Glenn's vocal is superb as usual. I always enjoy his dedication to 'plaintiff'!

11. Already Gone: one of the best rockers by the boys. I love Glenn's "we're gonna have to take a break". I always think when he says that: "Take a break, Sugar, you deserve it!"

Katherine, do you see what you've started! I'm not close to finished yet and I've already listed 11 moments! I'll have to continue on another day (later this week... ), and give someone else a chance! Okay, just two more:

12. No More Cloudy Days: this is so beautiful. Glenn's "an adventure for me, personally" introduction is so touching - I love that shy little smile. A great song.

13. All She Wants To Do Is Dance: I love Glenn's dancing! He is unbelievably sexy!! As is Don doing his thing out front!

I'll stop now. But I'll be back...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border

Re Will Hollis: and also

My favourite moments on this DVD can be summed up very quickly:

No More Cloudy Days. but in particular the 'big adventure for me personally' and the stare at the camera.

Heartache Tonight. All those hand movements. Charisma plus.

New Kid In Town

Lyin' Eyes

It's not that I enjoy looking at that suit, or anything, you understand.

Don's drumming in Already Gone, OOTN, HC, LBG and RMW.

That's probably enough.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - this could go on forever!

First of all, I agree with every single thing that everyone has said here. Suffice it to say that I love the entire DVD from start to finish, so for now, I'm just going to add a few things that I thought about off the top of my head that haven't been mentioned.

1. The way Glenn gets into his part on OOTN. You can tell that he loves this song.

2. Tim's admonishment when he says "Remember, we're taping tonight." His expression is so cute (and his pointing).

3. Don's intro to HITW. I love the "down unda" and how he looks kinda uncomfortable - it makes him look vulnerable.

4. Glenn's band intros. I love the "fertilizer of their genious" line.

5. The way Glenn is smacking at his face during the Dirty Laundry intro.

6. Hotel California - the whole thing

7. Rocky Mountain Way - the whole thing

8. Take It Easy - the whole thing

9. The bonus interview parts:

The entire segment of Glenn and Joe together

The part when Tim says, "It's not the Circle of Fear - it sounds like a Glenn nickname."

The part where Joe describes an Eagles audience as "one of everything."

The entire segment with Don - "Whose guitar is this anyway?"

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I am particularly fond of the Glenn/Don 'warm & fuzzy' moments. The one after Tequlia Sunrise, the one after Hotel Califonia, and especially when Glenn pats Don on the back after Desperado. Awwww.....

Another for Will Hollis ....he is just so cutey-cute. I just love him.

So my fave Farewell 1 moments are any shot that Will is in, but especially his beautiful expressions during Lyin' Eyes, Heartache Tonight, All she wants to do.

Steph

Welcome to the Border Steph, and thanks for your first post, from a fellow Brit!

I've enjoyed reading all your favourite moments and have to agree with everything said so far. I don't get to watch this as much as I'd like to, but was able to have a look at part 2 this morning.

I'd like to add:

Glenn's hair starting to fall over his forehead in Take It Easy

I'm with you in the Heartache Tonight hand movements, Fp.

I love the three guitar solos at the end of Dirty Laundry, and the five guitar line up.

Don's drumming and singing in Life In The Fast Lane.

Timothy waving his arm up and down at the start of Dirty Laundry.

Joe's fantastic guitar playing in Funk#49

There are many others, like the bonus features, particurly some of those rehearsal moments.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...