Page 2 of 273 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

Totally awesome !! Can't wait for Part 2 !!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    OMG!!!!!!! LOVE!
    Nice av, Brooke, I thought of you when that part was on!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

SOMEONE tell me some concrete details!!
    The desert photoshoot...Wrong Beach...heck, just tell me about Randy's segments!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeazse?!?!

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

The Randy segments were very short. He looks so young in the footage from the 70's and in the current interviews he looks a lot older then the rest of the band. He seems very happy looking back in the current interview.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Randy was interviewed but not much. They went into detail about how he got to the point that he didn't want to and refused several times to sing TITTL and that at one point told him "Fine, f-you and why don't you just quit then". I had no clue that he had refused that much to sing it.

Went into great detail about Wrong Beach and even played the audio and printed it on the screen about the threats and what was being said between the songs, etc.... During this, in the background, Wasted Time was playing. Very, very dramatic and it about tore me up watching and hearing it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Bernie seems to think in retrospect that he shouldn't have poured the beer over Glenn's head.

Joe operates a chainsaw pretty well! They showed the clip of Keith Moon putting the Rolls Royce in a swimming pool. He talked about the time he and John Belushi spray painted their jeans to get into restaurant. What was it Glenn said? Joe was a great fit for the band, he brought a lot of new personalities to the band? I can't remember the exact quote.
    VK

I loved when Joe made the comment something like "something very scary was that I met Keith Moon and he liked me."

And Glenn said "we gave Joe a chainsaw for his birthday".

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

I thought Randy looked good considering everything. He also did a great job with being interviewed.
    I was also surprised with how open Glenn and Don H were. The whole segment with the VOL song surprised me. I had read Don F book so I knew he was supposed to sing it but even in his book DF didn't go into all the detail Don H and Glenn did. Don F seemed to accept it in DH and GF favor both in the book and the movie. I was surprised that the band decided not to have him sing it and then left Irving to tell him the news while Don was cutting the track. I am not a diehard Felder fan but I think he took that better then I would have. (please no one kill me JMO)
    I think that's what I did liked most about the movie is that you didn't have just the pat answers I've read in the interviews. You get to see and hear it out of their young mouths. I felt that everyone interviewed in the band was pretty respectful of each other and looked back on the past in a very accepting and honest way. I think that's what got to me.

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

I agree, Rebecca. I LOVED the honesty!!!

OK--- everyone who saw it--- the naked guy by the lake--- I think it was Randy? Am I right?

Michele and I were talking about that. I told her, for all we know, they were up front and honest with him on things before that and it didn't go well. Or not.

Did I mention Michele showed up here with pink champagne?

I wish I had HD service, then I'd be able to see it better. Maybe it's not anyone we know (the naked guy). I should mention, I went through it frame by frame. Agonizing process...
    VK