The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Timothy B. Schmit

Timothy B. Schmit Just let it ride with Timothy B. Schmit.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
MaryCalifornia
Stuck on the Border

Default Timothy Collaborations

There was some discussion about Crosby, Stills and Nash down in the Cheap Talk and Wine threads, which led me to this, which is fascinating -

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/timot...604940/credits -

everything that Timothy has been credited on. Keep in mind that many of these are re-issues, but still, so cool. We also know that he was not credited on Twisted Sister and Poison, haha!! Frankly I think this deserves it's own thread called "Timothy Collaborations" or similar so we could discuss it more and maybe listen to some of these random songs we have never heard and see if we can hear his voice. I don't know how to start a new thread, and, I would want to make sure there is interest within the TBS crowd.
MaryCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
Freypower
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
There was some discussion about Crosby, Stills and Nash down in the Cheap Talk and Wine threads, which led me to this, which is fascinating -

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/timot...604940/credits -

everything that Timothy has been credited on. Keep in mind that many of these are re-issues, but still, so cool. We also know that he was not credited on Twisted Sister and Poison, haha!! Frankly I think this deserves it's own thread called "Timothy Collaborations" or similar so we could discuss it more and maybe listen to some of these random songs we have never heard and see if we can hear his voice. I don't know how to start a new thread, and, I would want to make sure there is interest within the TBS crowd.
If you go back to the main page of the TBS forum, underneath where it says 'let it ride with TBS' you will see a button called New Thread. If you like I will start it for you or one of the other Tim fans can start it. Or just start it yourself if you wish!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
timfan
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Timothy Collaborations

Quote:
I think this deserves it's own thread called "Timothy Collaborations" or similar so we could discuss it more and maybe listen to some of these random songs we have never heard and see if we can hear his voice. I don't know how to start a new thread, and, I would want to make sure there is interest within the TBS crowd.
As requested the new thread has been started!
timfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
MaryCalifornia
Stuck on the Border

Cool, thank you TimFan and FP!

I listened to the recorded version of Toto's I Won't Hold You Back Now, and you can totally hear him in the chorus. I think we have a live concert version in here somewhere, but you can hear him more in the recorded version.

This is a great article on this topic that I'm sure was posted a while back. I love a knowledgeable interviewer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-r...b_1180328.html
MaryCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
Tiffanny Twisted
Stuck on the Border

Thsnks for posting ! Very cool intresting article,
Tiffanny Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
zeldabjr
Stuck on the Border

he's done backing vocals on so many songs...we should be able to have a lot of fun with this thread!!!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
Freypower
Stuck on the Border

The one I am most familiar with is Rikki Don't Lose That Number by Steely Dan (he may have done more but I am sure about this one). Compare his backing vocal with Michael McDonald's on Peg by the same band which is very distinctive & instantly recognisable. I wouldn't say that about Tim on this song.

There is also Glenn's Some Kind Of Blue & again it isn't that easy to hear Tim in it.

Last edited by Freypower; 11-28-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Freypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
sad-cafe
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Cool, thank you TimFan and FP!

I listened to the recorded version of Toto's I Won't Hold You Back Now, and you can totally hear him in the chorus. I think we have a live concert version in here somewhere, but you can hear him more in the recorded version.

This is a great article on this topic that I'm sure was posted a while back. I love a knowledgeable interviewer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-r...b_1180328.html

I LOVE that song
Old 11-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
secret squirrel
Border Rebel

Love TBS on this collaboration with the Beach Boys and this clip shows him in headphones (he always looks gorgeous in headphones). Catch the smile at 2.30! Unfortunately the sound quality isnít that good although his vocal is absolutely perfect on the finished song and swells with emotion.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ing-there.html
secret squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
secret squirrel
Border Rebel

Quote:
Thanks, MC. Tim comes across so well in interviews, so grounded and unassuming, giving time to this guy's ideas, etc.

Thought the interviewer was a bit anorak-y. And why is it when they finally spell TBS's name right, they almost always get Glenn's wrong?

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ing-there.html
secret squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote