Page 117 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Wow that is amazing Soda. Hats off to the fans who won't back down.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Wow that is amazing Soda. Hats off to the fans who won't back down.
    Wow, good for all those fans. I support them.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Calling Mick an a--hole though? Seems a little harsh. Granted, firing a dude whom you've worked with for 40+ years is mighty harsh too, but who said it was easy for Mick? Maybe he was very torn up about it, we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Calling Mick an a--hole though? Seems a little harsh. Granted, firing a dude whom you've worked with for 40+ years is mighty harsh too, but who said it was easy for Mick? Maybe he was very torn up about it, we don't know.
    I thought about that too NMB - it is harsh and it is true we don't have all the facts - But at the end of the day I think fans can and should express their feelings instead of being manipulated by press releases. Second, Mick is a big boy. This isn't his first rodeo. Same with everyone else.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I thought about that too NMB - it is harsh and it is true we don't have all the facts - But at the end of the day I think fans can and should express their feelings instead of being manipulated by press releases. Second, Mick is a big boy. This isn't his first rodeo. Same with everyone else.
    Dawn - I agree. I'm sure a$$hole is not the worst word Mick has ever been called and for that matter, called someone else. They had to know this would happen when they fired Lindsey.

It looks like the Fleetwood Mac channel will start next Monday and run through the end of that month. I just saw an article of them announcing tour dates.

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/f...es-1202786267/

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Hmm. Is this the reason why Lindsey was fired? So from this interview. Lindsey had been gone for almost 2 months and they finally announced it early this month. So they've been sitting on this big news for a couple of months.

Fleetwood Mac got a big look on “CBS This Morning” Wednesday as the group — including new members Neil Finn and Mike Campbell — announced a massive 50-plus-date tour (see the full dates here) and discussed the departure of Lindsey Buckingham earlier this month.

As previously reported, the tour, which had been planned for some 18 months, was the cause of the split.

“This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members didn’t want to go out on the road for a year and we just couldn’t agree,” Stevie Nicks said. “And when you’re in a band it’s a team, I have a solo career and I love my solo career and I’m the boss. But I’m not the boss in this band.”

“It became just a huge impasse,” drummer and cofounder Mick Fleetwood said. “We hit a brick wall where we decided we had to part company.”

Hmm. I'm scratching my head on this one. So Stevie is now up to recording a Fleetwood Mac album. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

The group admitted that it auditioned another singer but declined to reveal who it was. They also said they plan to move full speed ahead with this lineup and plan to record together. Nicks said the death of Petty, a close friend of hers for decades, had a huge effect on all of the bandmembers.

“It changed me and Mike for sure,” she said, “in that we need to take every day that we have until we’re gone and make it the best day we can. Because if that can happen to Tom it can happen to anybody, and I’m gonna have the most fun I can, and stop complaining and throw myself into all these projects. Because you just never know.”
    http://variety.com/2018/music/news/f...eo-1202786298/

Here's the interview from CBS This Morning.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/video/fleetw...as-a-new-band/
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-25-2018 at 01:56 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

Thanks for the links, Shun. I watched the CBS piece...very interesting!

Thank you Shun!

Not surprised - they are doing a "massive 50 plus dates tour".

Stevie seemed a bit harsh ... Not very convincing with the "team" stuff it felt very rehearsed ... Damage Control 101

In the video, the journalist asked Mick did Lindsey get fired and Mick said "fired" was a harsh word or something like that. In other words, he wasn't going to come out and say yes we fired Lindsey because we weren't getting anywhere with a solution. You fired him because he wouldn't agree to go on tour or whatever the reason. An ultimatum. We can see who they love most and it definitely wasn't Lindsey. We can wait for one person, but we won't do it for the another.