Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Here's the video of the whole tribute. It sucks that the video montage is not included in the video. I don't know why this person left it out. When I do find the video of the video montage, I will post it. I found a video of the montage, but its not the whole thing.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS0LVUoEF3o[/ame]
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-28-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I thought it was great and as I said on Fb, Bob rocks! He was fantastic on HT and the whole group on LITFL was awesome.

Loved Linda'S comments and wish she could have actually been there.

I enjoyed seeing the audience rocking out, but got real tired of Gayle King. Why was she shown so much?

I loved Marjorie and Taylor dancing and Cindy enjoying it all around.

I did think Glenn should have been mentioned a bit more. I teared up during PEF too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Here's the full show from the CBS website. This video does include the video montage. I don't know if anybody can't see it outside of the US.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, the guys tribute on around 1:12:00.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/kennedy_cen...center-honors/

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you, Shun. I'll watch it during my lunch hour, wasn't able to stay awake last night after a long day of travel.

One viewer said that "the other three" were not mentioned during the video montage or any other time. Anyone know if that's true? I'm not trying to stir the pot, honestly. We all know that ship has sailed, the matter is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I thought it was great and as I said on Fb, Bob rocks! He was fantastic on HT and the whole group on LITFL was awesome.

Loved Linda'S comments and wish she could have actually been there.

I enjoyed seeing the audience rocking out, but got real tired of Gayle King. Why was she shown so much?

I loved Marjorie and Taylor dancing and Cindy enjoying it all around.

I did think Glenn should have been mentioned a bit more. I teared up during PEF too.
    Technically. They were trying to show the president watching and enjoying the performances of all the honorees, but I guess when you're sitting right behind him, you're going to be shown a lot.

As I was watching PEF, it looked like Don was tearing up. I really don't know how they got through it. Timothy looked like he wanted to break down a few times when they showed him. Don was trying to hold back his emotions, but I did see him tear up during PEF. Joe seem fine.

I remembered that video clip of highlights of the show and remembered Taylor tearing up and Sharon comforting her. Now I know why she started to cry. They had just finished showing the video montage and I would cry too.

It was great seeing Cindy having fun. I don't know she got through the night. Heck that whole weekend, but it seem like she made it through.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-28-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Were Randy, Bernie and Felder even mentioned?
    Apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thank you, Shun. I'll watch it during my lunch hour, wasn't able to stay awake last night after a long day of travel.

One viewer said that "the other three" were not mentioned during the video montage or any other time. Anyone know if that's true? I'm not trying to stir the pot, honestly. We all know that ship has sailed, the matter is closed.
    They were shown in the video like I said they would, but yes. They weren't mention, but I did say they would be shown in the video montage.

They basically focused on Don and Glenn starting the band. I was starting to worry they wouldn't say anything on Timothy and Joe, but they did at the end and shown pictures from the current Eagles at the beginning before they went into the history of the band.

I forgot to mention that I loved the ending of the montage of Don, Joe, Timothy and Glenn saying their different quotes from HOTE. Then hearing Glenn ending it, I see why Taylor would cry.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-28-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Also. Did I missed something? When did Ringo win an Oscar?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I loved it!!! Having watched the KCH before they always edit the songs so CBS can air commercials and get it to a 2 hour broadcast. Bob Seger was amazing and loved his version of "HT"!!! So great seeing Taylor and Marjorie dancing. Loved everyone together at the end too, Vince Gill did great, so did Juanes, and being a Kings of Leon fan they did so great doing "TIE"!!! I loved Linda narrating and was hoping they would mention Randy, Bernie, and Felder but they were shown in the pics and video segments. Loved Ringo being the one to speak about them too. My Mom loved watching as well and my brother watched the Eagles segment even though he was watching football mostly. Loved seeing so many dance and sing along as well.

I also loved the tribute segments for James, Mavis, Al, and Martha. I forgot they honor President Kennedy too and was nice seeing his grandchildren.

Also, Gayle King was there because of her being on CBS This Morning and CBS always has their representatives there. Julie Chen from "The Talk" and her husband who owns CBS were also there too and saw a couple other reporters from other networks that are owned by CBS as well.

ETA: Shun, just looked it up and Ringo along with the other Beatles won an Oscar for Best Score for the "Let it Be" film.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I loved the tribute to JFK. The lady who sang the Impossible Dream(I forgot her name again) did a great job.

It was cool to see Caroline's children all grown up. They look like their mother and can see the Kennedy gene in them. Jack is a cutie. lol