Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville, KY - 7/06/13

Default Re: Louisville, KY - 7/06/13

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post

I'm literally in tears of happiness reading this article, simply stellar performance! they took the stage at 8pm, doesn't anybody know what time the show ended?

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

yep kinda neat.
    when we saw gf in bethelhem he did a different version of smugglers blues i loved and you my man are welcome

Joe and Tim came out during the first set - don't know what that guy was smoking who didn't notice them. It was just Glenn and Don for Saturday Night, then Bernie came out for Train Leaves Here This Morning, then Tim came out for the third song PEF, then Joe for the fourth song WW. Bernie stayed out for the entire first half but left for most of the second, returning for the second encore. He was featured during TIE, playing the solo.

Gotta check out now but more details after the drive home.

Quickly: The show was close to perfection for me. Just wish there had been a song from LROOE. Otherwise my mind was blown with the level of awesomeness I experienced last night. Waiting til October to see them again will be so hard.

Everyone must find a way to go if at all possible! This show is EPIC!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

safe travels home . thanks for tking the time to post and clear things up

Thanks Soda for the report and Walshfan for the videos! I've downloaded all of them to watch later, before they go away

Sounds like the show was simply amazing. Not that I'd expect anything else from them. I love the setlist and besides a few "fantasy" songs that I'd love to hear, but know they will never play, it's pretty close to a perfect setlist to me. I am beyond excited to see this show now. 9 sleeps for me until Philly!

Thanks to all for your reporting and updates on this show. Fantastic!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Let me help out a bit here before the 8 Borderers that were there last night give us the DEEP details----My source (she'll let you know who she was later ) was freaking AWESOME with her updates (86 text and 13 pics) . I'm sorry I didn't keep it all updated here but we were having a cookout and I was getting abuse because I was coming out of my seat while reading some of the info.

What they were wearing, generally----because I gather there were changes--
    Glenn in blue shirt over a white shirt
    Don in his favorite gray work shirt
    Joe unbuttoned blue shirt over black v neck t shirt
    Timothy maroon shirt and jeans

As for who played base beginning of show Timothy came out at PEF and then Joe joined at Witchy Woman. They were on stage most of the night. Bernie was on off and on.

I about freaked out when I got the message that Timothy was playing harmonica and then again when I got the messages that he was singing ICTYW and LWKUA!!! And Those Shoes!!! OMG!!!!

She also said there were some subtle changes in some of the arrangements. And how cool is it that the were sitting on amps at one point, performing? WOW!!!!

Understand Joe was his usual funny self-saying something like, when they broke up he never quit. He was the only member until they all joined again.

My "source" was thinking of us---when they played NKIT, she said she was thinking of Julie and when HC started, I got a text saying she was thinking of Austin.

I've got to add that the only 2 things, off hand, that I would change would be to include something from LROOE--I think that is HUGE and I was really hoping they would change Desperado at the end and make it TIE but if that's the worse of it, I'm fine with that!!

It just sounds like it was an experience like no other and I can't imagine how high everyone must be over this!! Hope everyone going tonight gets a similar experience.

I thanked her over and over and over again last night, but I just want to do it again. I am beside myself with the fact she kept me updated last night and can't begin to tell her what it meant to me and how appreciative I am. Thank you!!!

Now I'm off to check out all the videos and pics!!! Thanks to everyone that was ON IT like you've been!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Joe and Tom came out during the first set - don't know wht tht guy was smoking who didn't notice them. It was just Glenn and Don for Saturday Night, then Bernie came out for Train Leaves Here This Morning, then Tim came out for the third song PEF, then Joe for the fourth song WW. Bernie stayed out for the entire first half but left for most of the second, returning for the second encore. He was featured during TIE, playing the solo.

Gotta check out now but more details after the drive home.

Quickly: The show was close to perfection for me. Just wish there had been a song from LROOE. Otherwise my mind was blown with the level of awesomeness I experienced last night. Waiting til October to see them again will be so hard.

Everyone must find a way to go if at all possible! This show is EPIC!
    Gawd October is so far away. It sounds amazing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Sounds amazing TBF!!!!

I'm glad Bernie got to do the solo in TIE.. Nothing against Joe's version (my fav version of Joe's TIE solo is HFO). And I'm assuming he did in PEF as well.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    I'm literally in tears of happiness reading this article, simply stellar performance! they took the stage at 8pm, doesn't anybody know what time the show ended?
    According to my text-- they started Desperado at 11:00.

WOW--- Have to say, that version of Tequila Sunrise was awesome!!!

The pics are great so far. And Bernie looks fantastic. Definitely someone who has improved with age, IMO.