Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles fall "mini" tour announced

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles fall "mini" tour announced

A second show in Atlanta has been added.

Out on the Border

i live just outside London in United Kingdom, since listening to the band around 8 years ago i love their music i have since seen them in concert in London 3 times, once in Birmingham, once in Amsterdam , once in Berlin, once in dubai, once in Sydney, once in Melbourne, twice in New York, once in Las vegas and last time in July in Los Angeles and now coming back to Greensboro with my friend to see them there at the Coliseum in October. I guess i really do enjoy their music and well they are great , was sad the passing of GF, was amazing at Los angeles the welcome to his son. Love the USA

Quote Originally Posted by russpa333 View Post
    i live just outside London in United Kingdom, since listening to the band around 8 years ago i love their music i have since seen them in concert in London 3 times, once in Birmingham, once in Amsterdam , once in Berlin, once in dubai, once in Sydney, once in Melbourne, twice in New York, once in Las vegas and last time in July in Los Angeles and now coming back to Greensboro with my friend to see them there at the Coliseum in October. I guess i really do enjoy their music and well they are great , was sad the passing of GF, was amazing at Los angeles the welcome to his son. Love the USA
    Have a wonderful time at the Greensboro concert! You are a dedicated fan!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

If we are being honest ... the line of people who stand to profit from Eagles concerts, recordings, merchandise, radio, Opry, etc is very long. Anyone care to guess how much money the band will make from this tour alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    If we are being honest ... the line of people who stand to profit from Eagles concerts, recordings, merchandise, radio, Opry, etc is very long. Anyone care to guess how much money the band will make from this tour alone?
    I don’t get this post. Who’s not being honest? I imagine a lot of money will be made...so what?

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by russpa333 View Post
    Have a great time at the concert !

I don't get why it's ok to claim non band supporters should be happy and not complain but to answer the question the Eagles are in the business of making money this is not a Glenn Frey tribute tour no matter how much Deacon looks like his dad or Vince Gill tries to sound like him. The Eagles have been on tour since this summer when they co~headlined the Classic East/West. Now its fall and they have 5 concerts booked before presumably taking a break. I would just.like to see it acknowledged that many people view the Eagles tour as an income stream aka paycheck.
    Last edited by Dawn; 10-12-2017 at 11:54 AM.

I don't get why it's ok to claim non band supporters should be happy and not complain but to answer the question the Eagles are in the business of making money this is not a Glenn Frey tribute tour no matter how much Deacon looks like his dad or Vince Gill tries to sound like him. The Eagles have been on tour since this summer when they co~headlined the Classic East/West. Now its fall and they have 5 concerts booked before presumably taking a break. I would just.like to see it acknowledged thay many people view the Eagles tour as an income stream aka paycheck and.like it or not that.includes band members themselves.
    Any tour is literally a means of making money. Glenn being there or not doesn't change that fact. I'm ok with you viewing it as a income stream because that's exactly what it is

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Any tour is literally a means of making money. Glenn being there or not doesn't change that fact. I'm ok with you viewing it as a income stream because that's exactly what it is
    Of course it is. No need to pretend otherwise. That was/is my point.

I don't get why it's ok to claim non band supporters should be happy and not complain but to answer the question the Eagles are in the business of making money this is not a Glenn Frey tribute tour no matter how much Deacon looks like his dad or Vince Gill tries to sound like him. The Eagles have been on tour since this summer when they co~headlined the Classic East/West. Now its fall and they have 5 concerts booked before presumably taking a break. I would just.like to see it acknowledged that many people view the Eagles tour as an income stream aka paycheck.
    Acknowledged by whom? Who’s pretending? I guess I’m not following. I’m not aware of anyone who doesnt know the band is a money-making machine. That was part of the grand plan from the very beginning, and it became especially true starting in 1994. Hence, the band’s reputation as “corporate rock.”

It appears you are saying 2 things:

1. the band cannot profit and pay tribute to Glenn at the same time.
    I don’t believe one has to do with the other.

2. what they are doing is not a tribute.
    This is a matter of opinion as far as the fans are concerned. IMO, the band pays tribute to Glenn at every show. It’s probably safe to say that Don, Joe, Timothy, Vince and Deacon believe so as well. If they believe it’s a tribute, then it’s a tribute, even if it falls short for some. I don’t believe Vince is trying to sound like Glenn.
    Last edited by Delilah; 10-12-2017 at 03:51 PM. Reason: To remove content that is OT.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...