Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WARNING: External Impersonations

Default Re: WARNING: External Impersonations

I don't think having one of these pages stops or starts anything FP. I dont even know if Soda had a personal twitter account before one was made to impersonate her. But I refuse to let them bother me. If they lead such a boring life that they get enjoyment from pretending to me or attempting to harrass me then, if anything, I feel extremely sorry for them. lol I have more important things to worry about. And anyone who KNOWS me, knows that I would never say the things that they've said as "me."

I had a personal twitter prior to the impersonation, although it was still pretty new.

While the social networking sites don't cause these types of things, the amount of information we put on them can be used as a weapon by disturbed people. I learned that the hard way.

It's not just those sites, though. With search engines that can comb through every site you ever posted on going back years, nothing on the internet is truly "private." Everyone would be well-advised to remember that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

For that reason, I made my Myspace private where someone would have to send me a friend request to see my page.

Very true Soda. I do keep all my pages "private" as far as settings go, so that supposedly only people that I "accept" can view them but as we all know that never truly stops anyone. But if you get someone who really wants to do something like this, they will stop at nothing.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Wow--it's not only a sad situation but a VERY SAD person that is doing something like that and getting a kick out of it. My advice to said person SEEK HELP QUICKLY- you obviously need it! Get a REAL life! Seriously, what is the purpose of something like this. I don't get it. Thanks for the heads up!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

How incredibly frustrating.

Yeah, it stinks. I think the initial imposter MySpaces started out as an attempt to borrow our prestige (what little we have, lol) to attract visitors to their sites, as there was effort put into the GFO imposter site especially - borrowed graphics and all. When I found out about it and complained, it became a vendetta against me that extended to these other networks (and now Maleah as a webmistress of DHO). That's all I can think of, as I don't see what other purpose it serves.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This is all so incredibly disgusting. Anyone that does this kind of thing really needs to get a life. You obviously have none if that is all you can find to do with your time. Grow up!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten