Page 1 of 136 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border

Default Sporting Sensations

I thought that as many of us follow sports teams or are maybe involved with sports ourselves we could talk about our teams and what is happening with them whenever something comes up - if your team has scored a stunning upset victory here is the place to rave about it. Cutural background is no object - the love of the game comes first whether it's soccer or American football or basketball, or a college team (something which, being Australian, I am intrigued by, but we have absolutely nothing similar to it).

So.... in Australia the cricket team is thrashing the England team first 5 - 0 in the Test series and now will probably swep the tri-nations one day series which also includes New Zealand. I think it's wrong that Australia has become so dominant and I'm not really interested anymore.

In tennis the Australian Open, the first of the four majors, is about to start and the hot favourite is Roger Federer. I think this man could be the next Rod Laver - he is amazing. I think our own Lleyton Hewitt is a shadow of his former self (and I don't really follow tennis closely).

Liverpool beat Watford 3 - 0 last night. I'm sure you're glad to hear that. We had to do something after being thrashed by Arsenal in both the FA Cup and the Carling Cup.

The Indianapolis Colts just beat Baltimore on the football field 15-6 this evening. The weird thing was that there were no touchdowns! I was eating dinner out with a friend while the game was on and the ecstatic shouts from the bar really added some atmosphere to the place.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

My son commented that the kicker scored the only points in that game Nanc.

To my utter dismay, the Chargers lost.

Well, at least the England cricket team scraped to a victory over New Zealand today, but the Ashes series was a fiasco.

Imo, Roger Federer is the greatest tennis player of recent history - he has a superb all round game and seems to win without resorting to histrionics. Pete Sampras may have won more majors but he was, dare I say it, a bit boring. I only really get to follow tennis at Wimbledon, when it's on grass, and Lleyton has never really shone here. I still remember the glory days of John Newcombe and Rod Laver!!!

My game is rugby. We are about to start the next round of the Six Nations championship. England look poor at the moment, Ireland are rampant and France the ones to beat. Anyone who thinks rugby players are a bunch of meatheads in sweatbands could have a look at the website of the French club, Stade Francais, but I warn you, it's not for the faint-hearted! I stumbled across it purely by accident, trying to find out about their new kit. Honestly!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

I'd love Ireland to win the Six Nations....

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - it's NFL playoff time here in the states. This is my favorite sports time of the year. The conference championship games will be played this weekend and determine which two teams will play in the Super Bowl. The AFC championship game will be between the Indianapolis Colts and the New Engand Patriots. The NFC game is between the Chicago Bears and the New Orleans Saints. I am rooting for the Colts and the Saints to make it to the big game. If the Saints win, it will be the first time in their history that they have ever made it to the Super Bowl.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Go Indianapolis Colts! Woot!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I have tie dye t shirts for three of those teams (the exception being Indianapolis - I haven't been there). I would love to see New Orleans win the Superbowl, after what happened to it with Katrina, and also because I love the city anyway.

My beloved Celtic remain 17 points ahead of Rangers,in the Scottish Premier League,with 15 games to go.
    Take It Easy
    Billy

That's a great picture, Billy!

FP, I'd love Ireland to win the Six Nations too (even though I'm half Welsh) - they have been outstanding recently.

Good luck with your teams in the Super Bowl!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...