Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: computers

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: computers

I cannot sync my Ipad or iphone with my (windows) laptop. Research that I have done indicates that I may need to 'uninstall and reinstall a driver'. I have no idea what this means and it sounds complicated. Perhaps Austin or someone could throw some light on the subject??
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

No idea unless I have a specific error code to work off of.

Otherwise you may need to uninstall and reinstall iTunes and also uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support and any other Apple Apps in your Control Panel which will get reinstalled when you reinstall iTunes.

Thanks Austin, I will try that
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I cannot sync my Ipad or iphone with my (windows) laptop. Research that I have done indicates that I may need to 'uninstall and reinstall a driver'. I have no idea what this means and it sounds complicated. Perhaps Austin or someone could throw some light on the subject??
    Did you get this worked out, GA? I recently got the same pop up (I rarely use my laptop except to sync). Mine resolved itself after the laptop did its regular updates.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

iTunes on a PC/Windows is a horrible experience. Apple needs to seriously revamp iTunes for both platforms but doubly so for a PC. It's buggy, confusing, and no one wants to use it. iTunes on a Mac is no walk in the park, but it's a lot more stable than the Windows version.

I'm about as big of a fan of Apple as someone could be, but I never agreed with the Steve Jobs mindset that in order to win, the other has to lose and that he always bashed other companies in his speeches and the new guy Tim Cook has carried on that tradition. They bash Google and Microsoft left and right. They need to let the products do the talking. They also need to give more attention to their Windows software. Microsoft has been great doing Office for Mac, it's about time Apple do the same for Microsoft.

Microsoft loaned them money to get up and running and bail them out in the late 90s when Apple was tanking. Yet, if you watch the interview on YouTube of Jobs and Gates, he referred to creating software for Windows users as "giving a glass of ice water to someone in hell".

I never understood Jobs's attitude and seeming lack of respect for everyone around him. Yet, his being a jerk and being a perfectionist is what saved Apple and brought them back and kept them on the right path. I'm not so sure that is present in Apple today. Steve was a visionary, an @ss too, but a visionary nonetheless. I don't agree with the way he handled things but he sure got the job (no pun intended) done.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Did you get this worked out, GA? I recently got the same pop up (I rarely use my laptop except to sync). Mine resolved itself after the laptop did its regular updates.
    Haven't tried PM. We have inspectors coming to the school next week and I'm snowed under with work. Mid term is the following week so I may try then. Thanks
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Haven't tried PM. We have inspectors coming to the school next week and I'm snowed under with work. Mid term is the following week so I may try then. Thanks
    Let me know...I can try to google more or go to the technician forums at Apple Support but I'm pretty sure a reinstall will fix it.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't know why I always seem to have trouble with my computers!

At work I set my screensaver to do my photos. Trouble is it's bringing up photos that are not in my pictures folder. Old pics that I thought were deleted! I've looked in all my folders-documents, downloads, etc and they don't show up there. Yet, when my screensaver comes on they are shown.

Anybody?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I guess my post got lost in the Christmas rush!

Anyone have an idea about my problem above?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Sorry about that!

Go into your screen saver settings. Depending on the OS, if you right click your desktop wallpaper you'll see something like Personalize. If it's XP, you might see "Change Wallpaper" or something. Click that and then find the screen saver tab. Then go to options and you should see what settings are chosen and would be able to change it or make a new one.

Sorry I'm not more descriptive but I never use screensavers. I just set it to go to black. I also don't use alternating wallpapers, I find they slow the system down. In fact, my wallpaper is black and so it is very easy on system resources. Just an added unrelated tip! You don't have to pick a black background, just dont use alternating ones on a slow or older computer especially.