Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Reason behind no Henley/Frey solo material on history of eagles

Border Desperado

Default Re: Reason behind no Henley/Frey solo material on history of eagles

I have kind of wondered about the shortened setlists. Are these concerts less expensive than the HOTE tour, and other 3 hr concert tours they've done?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    I have kind of wondered about the shortened setlists. Are these concerts less expensive than the HOTE tour, and other 3 hr concert tours they've done?
    No, and the ones in Atlantic City were more expensive for VIP. For all the HOTE dates, the upper bowl ("nosebleed" sections) were cheaper than the shows in 2012.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado

At the show I attended..they had a limited number of upper level seats for 40.00. The ones we sat in were 65.00. I think the next level was 90.00...then 100.00+ for anything in the lower levels.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    At the show I attended..they had a limited number of upper level seats for 40.00. The ones we sat in were 65.00. I think the next level was 90.00...then 100.00+ for anything in the lower levels.
    Yes, and it was different for each venue on how many price levels and what the prices were. If you look through some of the preconcert anticipation threads for 2012, I think you'll see prices listed for those same seats, and I'm pretty sure they were higher. Glenn made a comment before the HOTE tour started that they had a goal of offering affordable seats. Of course, in Atlantic City, it was a 5500 seat arena, which would explain why those tickets were so high priced.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado

Higher prices for a smaller venue makes total sense to me. They have a fixed cost for putting on a show that must be covered. I saw Brooks and Dunn several years ago at Thompson Boling (20,000+ seats) and tickets were in the 20's and low 30's. Then saw them in a 2000 seat auditorium and they were 50-70.
    I wonder if total seats for sale is one of the contributing factors? I'm sure standard of living/average income etc. go into those calculations as well.

I know it's been discussed, but I don't like the early sales, and venues holding out tickets and that sort of thing. The day the Eagles tickets went on sale, my wife started trying to order as soon as they went on sale. She got in, less than 5 minutes into the sale and the 40.00 tickets were gone.
    A few days later those same 40.00 tickets were for sale on those Scalping sights for 150.00 or more. (That makes me really mad)