Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Eagles play Walden Benefit in Boston, MA - Sept. 16, 2014

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles play Walden Benefit in Boston, MA - Sept. 16, 2014

Absolutely!!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Out on the Border

Well I had managed to stop myself from buying tickets for this show as well until last night I think my hubby might kill me!
    The thought of missing a smaller show with a different setlist when we were going to be in Boston was too much to bear, we're in the mezzanine level, not too sure if they're good seats or not?
    So if anyone's around and fancies meeting up in Boston we'll be there 14th-17th

Quote Originally Posted by flojo View Post
    Well I had managed to stop myself from buying tickets for this show as well until last night I think my hubby might kill me!
    The thought of missing a smaller show with a different setlist when we were going to be in Boston was too much to bear, we're in the mezzanine level, not too sure if they're good seats or not?
    So if anyone's around and fancies meeting up in Boston we'll be there 14th-17th
    We'll be there for the show on the 15th & are planning to stay the night of the 16th & possibly most of the day of the 17th as well so maybe we can arrange something.

I'm so glad that you are able to ser a show while you are in Boston!
    Last edited by GlennLover; 08-22-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    We'll be there for the show on the 15th & are planning to stay the night of the 16th & possibly most of the day of the 17th as well so maybe we can arrange something.

I'm so glad that you are able to ser a show while you are in Boston!
    Hi GL, we were going to Boston just for the TD garden show. We're going to Mexico for a week until the 14th and it seemed a shame not to spend a few days in NY before we go home, that kind of escalated into a road trip to Boston then back to NY I know you probably think I'm crazy but we have to spend a certain number of days a year out of the UK for tax reasons, which means a lot of vacations!
    Hopefully we can sort a meet up somewhere for everyone, if anyone knows Boston well and wants to suggest somewhere that'd be great. We have the VIP thing before the TD garden show if anybody else will be at that.

Quote Originally Posted by flojo View Post
    Hi GL, we were going to Boston just for the TD garden show. We're going to Mexico for a week until the 14th and it seemed a shame not to spend a few days in NY before we go home, that kind of escalated into a road trip to Boston then back to NY I know you probably think I'm crazy but we have to spend a certain number of days a year out of the UK for tax reasons, which means a lot of vacations!
    Hopefully we can sort a meet up somewhere for everyone, if anyone knows Boston well and wants to suggest somewhere that'd be great. We have the VIP thing before the TD garden show if anybody else will be at that.
    Flojo, my husband & I used to work for the Canadian government in the tax department so we certainly don't think that you're crazy.

My husband used to go to Boston often when he visited relatives nearby, but it's been quite a long since we've been there so he's not up on where to go to meet up. I can check with his cousins to see if they have any suggestions & welcome suggestions from others. I'll keep in touch by PM's.

Border Desperado

Hey All!

I have not posted in a while- I have just been really busy lately. I can not wait for the Eagles shows in Boston!!

I did break down and get tix for the benefit show at the Citi center - it was virtually impossible to get tickets and I was becoming obsessed over it, to the point that I went in to the box office at the citi center in Boston ( 50 mile ride one way from where I live) to see if they had tickets- they told me they were gone in about ten minutes - then I contacted the folks at Walden Woods to see what they had for tickets and they had nothing - well unless you could buy a table for 50K!
    Anyway, the folks at Amex came through with some ok orchestra seats for us but I figured at such a small venue there really is not a bad seat in the house.
    For fun I keep checking ticketmaster to see if tix have dropped for the citi center show and they have virtually nothing. Anyway I am glad to be going to both shows- can't wait!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's great, ZK! I'm sure you will enjoy it! Please come back and tell us all about it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Considering the difficulty of getting tickets, it sounds like you scored! Have fun!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Congrats ZK - I will be in MA. on that night and would have loved to be able to go to this show. However, since I already have to cut my trip short, I figured it would be rude to visit my family but not spend any time with them, so I had to pass. Hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear all about it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

An interview that Don did for this benefit and about Walden Woods.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/musi...WEST_CREATE_DT
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.