Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four more years of Eagles

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Four more years of Eagles

This was posted in the Eagles 3.0 thread. But, if we're leaving that thread for the people who are against Eagles continuing, then it's difficult to reply there. So, I start a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by priscillaupstate View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but this is in today's NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3646375
    If Eagles will be continuing another four years, that's a major announcement. Clearly Deacon is now firmly in the band.

They mention a multi-year world tour to mark their 50th year. That seems like a lot of touring at their ages. But, if they want to do it, why not?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Four more years of Eagles

If that's true that is a bit surprising. But other older artists are still touring like Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and The Rolling Stones just to name a few so I guess as long as the guys are still able for their 50th they could.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado

If that's the plan, I would say they will end it at 50. One last big hurrah!! That may have very well been the plan before Glenn died, and now they feel like they can carry it out, given the ability of Deacon to do it.

I'm not sure that they had such a plan. Certainly Don had been saying about finishing up some time before Glenn died. However, I think it's like what Paul McCartney says. That it's difficult to retire as if artists sit around for a year, they want to pick up a guitar again.

In my opinion not even Eagles know how long they'll keep going for.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I'm not sure that they had such a plan. Certainly Don had been saying about finishing up some time before Glenn died. However, I think it's like what Paul McCartney says. That it's difficult to retire as if artists sit around for a year, they want to pick up a guitar again.

In my opinion not even Eagles know how long they'll keep going for.
    I was mainly drawing that conclusion from Glenn telling Bernie "its not over".
    I just thought that may have been what his goal was. Make it 50 yrs. Not many bands can say that.

You may very well be right though. They may only now, that it seems in reach, be thinking toward 50.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    I was mainly drawing that conclusion from Glenn telling Bernie "its not over".
    I just thought that may have been what his goal was. Make it 50 yrs. Not many bands can say that.

You may very well be right though. They may only now, that it seems in reach, be thinking toward 50.
    I can't find the source now, but I read a comment by Don that he felt that a tour, perhaps HOTE, was going to be their last. Clearly, he changed his mind on that.

I'm not saying that the 50 years thing wasn't a definite goal. It's just that from what I read, I don't think that Eagles are planning things that far ahead. They're just making it up as they go along. Which isn't unreasonable. But, that's just my feeling from what I've read, not anything objective and/or reliable.

That’s pretty ambitious if that is indeed the case. I find it dubious when an article cites “a source.” Having a set goal like getting to 50 years is probably good for them.

If true then it would seem some new material would be in order.

BTW, 12 new dates for next year have been announced.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Some new material, as in a new album?

It's something that they could do if they wanted to, but I'm not sure if they want to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    That’s pretty ambitious if that is indeed the case. I find it dubious when an article cites “a source.” Having a set goal like getting to 50 years is probably good for them.

If true then it would seem some new material would be in order.

BTW, 12 new dates for next year have been announced.
    I agree. I’m not so sure we should trust the source

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Some new material, as in a new album?

It's something that they could do if they wanted to, but I'm not sure if they want to or not.
    It doesn’t have to be a full album...maybe a 4-track EP or even just a single. Songwriting is something they all do...though I don’t know about Deacon. After awhile, the bug may bite them to create something...or not.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...