Page 141 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I agree with FP and Chaim.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Like they didn't have enough money in the first place.

I am sure you mean well but you don't seem to understand that they are not securing their legacy by conducting this exercise. They are tarnishing it. You basically admit it yourself by emphasising the monetary aspect.

People DID have the 'last chance' to see them in 2015. What they are seeing now is an imitation, not the real thing.
    Again i reiterate that Glenn was part of a set tours that could be and probably were motivated based on making money. This is not a criticism however the tours in 2015 were simply to make money. The fundamental reason behind the tours is not different. I am not saying they are securing their legacy. BUT that it has a neutral effect on the legacy. Nothing current could really change the legacy. Glenn and the other Eagles had secured the legacy by this point. The only way the legacy could be changed is if something previously unknown happened during the hey day. And as far as i know that does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    To me it seems that you are very much on one "side". There's nothing wrong with being on a "side" (I am too, I think), but you said that you "just want to have a healthy understanding of both sides". From where I'm standing, so far you've just been trying to prove people who don't like the band continuing wrong. Like I said, I'm genuinely happy for you, so I have no need to prove you wrong although I couldn't care less about the band as it is now.
    I think you misunderstood what i was saying. I do take a side. I am pro current Eagles lineup not because it makes them better but that they can have a final goodbye, let people like me see them etc BUT i understand the other sides view on this. I was trying to say that those who have previously seen the Eagles with Glenn Frey would have no need to see the current lineup and thus wouldn't like the new lineup. People who haven't like me, typically defend the lineup because it allows us to see them.

The legacy is in spite of being described as "irreplaceable" by his own band Glenn Frey has indeed been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    The legacy is in spite of being described as "irreplaceable" by his own band Glenn Frey has indeed been replaced.
    The band replaced Glenn in terms of his role during concerts but didn't replace his legacy, leadership and stage presence. The on stage banter is now all gone. They didn't replace Glenn. They replaced his singing which at this point isn't a big deal. The legacy matters

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    The band replaced Glenn in terms of his role during concerts but didn't replace his legacy, leadership and stage presence. The on stage banter is now all gone. They didn't replace Glenn. They replaced his singing which at this point isn't a big deal. The legacy matters
    Uhhh... he's not there any more. He has been replaced. Not just his singing. I have rarely heard such Orwellian doublespeak.

As for his singing not being a 'big deal' I think you have revealed where you actually do stand on this issue. You stand with the 'Frey wasn't important' brigade. Good luck with it. But then I guess if you had barely heard of the man before he died perhaps it's to be expected. Perhaps you should try looking at it from the viewpoint of people who, unlike you, were fans of Frey & the Eagles for decades.
    Last edited by Freypower; 09-14-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Uhhh... he's not there any more. He has been replaced. Not just his singing. I have rarely heard such Orwellian doublespeak.

As for his singing not being a 'big deal' I think you have revealed where you actually do stand on this issue. You stand with the 'Frey wasn't important' brigade. Good luck with it. But then I guess if you had barely heard of the man before he died perhaps it's to be expected. Perhaps you should try looking at it from the viewpoint of people who, unlike you, were fans of Frey & the Eagles for decades.
    I have my position clear. I am for the current lineup. Though it is infinitely inferior than having Glenn. You completely ignore half of what I say and make me out to be a Glenn hater and that isn't acceptable. What we lost was a lot Glenn. His singing is least among them. He was the co founder. The stage presence. The social one. The leader. That is what he was to the Eagles. His singing was important to the legacy but All that matters now is sound quality. You cannot act like Gill and Deacon are massive drop offs in terms of vocal quality. (I will put this in caps so you read this) GLENN IS BETTER TAHN DEACON AND GILL HOWEVER IN TERMS OF SOUND THEY STILL SOUND GREAT, THOUGH NOT AS GOOD THEY WERE WITH GLENN. I do not and I repeat DO NOT stand with the Glenn wasn't important bridged that is literally the exact opposite of what I've said. Glenn was "replaced" but besides his role in songs, you cannot replace Glenn. The Eagles legacy was already set before he died, it has not changed. When people look back it will be merely a foot note in the bands history. And the tone you use is so disrespectful. I get that I haven't been alive for the decades you have. That is not my fault. I know a lot about the Eagles. I've made time, money, and emotional investments in them. I am sorry if you find the tone of this to be rude but if you are going to misrepresent what I say, talk down to me I am not going to take that.

Another thing I do not like is the false notion you have that my increased interest in the band post Glenn discredits me. It was a coincidence. You cannot act like any fan who regrets not seeing them in 2015 is a bad or fake fan

Let's not forget -- Glenn Frey didn't have to be replaced. The band could have continued performing without him maintaining song power and keeping the legacy of the Eagles from being reimagined/reinvented post Glenn Frey. They could have also just quit and continued with their solo careers honoring Glenn in their own way as they had been doing all along. The Eagles music was never going to be forgotten if Vince Gill and Deacon Frey hadn't been tapped to replace Glenn. Bands don't live forever ... their music does.
    Last edited by Dawn; 09-14-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I have my position clear. I am for the current lineup. Though it is infinitely inferior than having Glenn. You completely ignore half of what I say and make me out to be a Glenn hater and that isn't acceptable. What we lost was a lot Glenn. His singing is least among them. He was the co founder. The stage presence. The social one. The leader. That is what he was to the Eagles. His singing was important to the legacy but All that matters now is sound quality. You cannot act like Gill and Deacon are massive drop offs in terms of vocal quality. (I will put this in caps so you read this) GLENN IS BETTER TAHN DEACON AND GILL HOWEVER IN TERMS OF SOUND THEY STILL SOUND GREAT, THOUGH NOT AS GOOD THEY WERE WITH GLENN. I do not and I repeat DO NOT stand with the Glenn wasn't important bridged that is literally the exact opposite of what I've said. Glenn was "replaced" but besides his role in songs, you cannot replace Glenn. The Eagles legacy was already set before he died, it has not changed. When people look back it will be merely a foot note in the bands history. And the tone you use is so disrespectful. I get that I haven't been alive for the decades you have. That is not my fault. I know a lot about the Eagles. I've made time, money, and emotional investments in them. I am sorry if you find the tone of this to be rude but if you are going to misrepresent what I say, talk down to me I am not going to take that.
    You admit that this 'sound quality' is not as good now. Yet you still claim that Glenn's singing & presumably also musicianship was the least of his talents. I say to you that you could not be more wrong.

Please don't talk to me or some of the other senior members of this board about 'time, money & emotional investments'.

I had no intention of being 'disrespectful' towards you but what you said needed to be challenged. I am finished with this topic.