Page 138 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Thanks for the kind words about the site! I basically view the main site as an archive now, with the forum being the only active element.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Granted I haven't been here very long but since I joined I have found Soda to be a very knowlegeable, gracious, fair and thoughtful host. She has created a fantastic website that has required considerable time, energy and resources to maintain for the benefit of fans and many others.

Second, by their very nature online discussion boards are especially demanding and Soda is blessed to have a team of excellent moderators who it should be acknowledged also dedicate their time, energy and resources to help keep things running smoothly - again- for the benefit of fans and many others.

My personal feeling is if one feels they are not benefiting from this website and discussion board they may want to consider alternatives as suggested e.g. start one of their own or find another one that better meets their expectations and demands. Keep it real .. attack the message not the messenger ... it's all good.
    Very well said.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for the kind words about the site! I basically view the main site as an archive now, with the forum being the only active element.
    Soda, would you want to add the Cass County lyrics because they were prior to 2016 or no? I have the file that JCL and I collaborated on. Sorry that it took so long for me to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    Soda, would you want to add the Cass County lyrics because they were prior to 2016 or no? I have the file that JCL and I collaborated on. Sorry that it took so long for me to do it.
    Yes - I haven't stopped updating the solo sites - I just haven't felt like doing them, honestly.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I apologize if this has already been said but other he than the main 5. Who is in the touring band for the new shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado73 View Post
    I apologize if this has already been said but other he than the main 5. Who is in the touring band for the new shows?
    The same guys they had for the last 16 years(Scott, Will, Michael and Steuart) plus a new horn section(I think they are Don's horn section from his solo band), Milo and Erica from Don's solo band(playing the violin) and I think two other violinists.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I know the topic of the new Eagles hasn't been discussed THAT recently on here but i would like to give my take on it. I'm on the newish side in terms of being an Eagles fan. I've know a couple songs like HC and TKE and stuff on the greatest hits album but that was about it. But when Glenn died i took a moment to look him up on the Eagles and began to read up on him. Since that point i've slowly learned everything i could, watched the documentary 4 times, listen to them everyday to and back from school. I now have every song but basically everything in LROOE. I listen to the live show at the capital centre every time i do schoolwork on the computer. I've watched every live show. Read felders book. Picked up as many songs on the guitar as i could. Though i cannot sing nearly as well as any of them (perhaps felder ) i sing along to all the songs. I've become an extremely amateur song writer but nonetheless the Eagles were a large part of my life But when I realized that i would never see them live i was crushed. I saw that they came where i lived in 2013 and boy was i mad. Had i done some research i could have seen them, which would have also included Bernie. The best thing i could have done is a Henley solo show. But one day i looked them up and i saw they were doing the classic concerts. I was at that point only mildly interested. No glenn and the replacement wasn't named. But i asked them for my birthday and my dad got us tickets to see them in new york. Though i saw both days and tried to learn as much as i could about the other bands i was 95% going to see the Eagles. I got SUPER excited when Deacon got picked to step in. I didn't know what to feel about gill. When the classic west happened and i saw the videos i was almost shaking with excitement. I freaked out they were bringing back SBR and had it as the opener like the OTB/OOTN days. Don't get me wrong i wished glenn was there. He was the funniest, his voice had held up very well, and mad the Eagles, well, the EAGLES. The day of the concert i had awful stomach pains, but trust me when the Eagles belted out " There are stars in the southern sky.." i completely forgot all about it. To hear the stuff live and see live ( i had really good seats) was stunning. When deacon started singing take it easy i was nearly in tears. Normally kinda shy at concerts, i sang every word. Deacon did very well. His voice wasn't the same but it was close and it was very heartfelt. Gill was amazing. I loved his glenn frey like version of TITTL. I was stunned at how henley still had some magic and that tim could still kill ICTYW. Joe was good for comedic relief and made it so much fun. I dreaded as i saw the setlist come to the end but when it was over i left feeling so glad that i can say "Yes i finally saw my favorite band". I filled all my storage with video from it and dropped 60 bucks on merch and when i got home i ordered the eagles tour jacket when it finally came in my size. But for someone who wishes who could have seen the Eagles in their prime, or the hell freezes over tour or even the HOTE tour, i will never forget the night where the Eagles flew once again in one warm summer night fulfilling one of my greatest hopes and moments in my life. Sorry about this being super long or kinda irrelevant but i wanted to let the older people who have seen the Eagles when they were younger, that even without Glenn they made one of the biggest Eagles fan in me, euphoric and that its not a zero sum game. Even if it wasn't as good as the HC tour, TLR tour, HFO tour, or the more recent ones, that the thrill is not gone

Stuck on the Border

YEF - Glad you were able to see them and make your dream come true.

I'm happy for you YEF.

For me the thrill is definitely gone after Glenn's death, but it's everyone's choice.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

In another thread somebody said there's sarcasm involved when a person who doesn't support the current lineup is glad for a person who has been to their gig and enjoyed him/herself. As far as I'm concerned that's BS. I don't have to like the same thing to be happy for people for what they feel. Although I don't care for them now, I really am happy for you, YoungEaglesFan.
    Last edited by chaim; 09-12-2017 at 08:14 AM.