Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial for Glenn at The Forum 2/16/16

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Memorial for Glenn at The Forum 2/16/16

It is apparent from Eagles kids' social media that some sort of memorial was held for Glenn last night at the Forum. "GF" heart pendants were involved. Anyone else see this?

Edit: It's not a heart, its a guitar pick
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 02-17-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Event at the Forum 2/16/16

Oh, gosh. I was hoping it would be public, but of course it's perfectly understandable his friends and family would need their privacy at this time.

Border Rebel

My boss's son works for Clair Global, the outfit that does the live sound for the Eagles. While at work yesterday, my boss said that his son (David) was doing sound for some sort of Eagles tribute at the Forum in California last night. He didn't know anything else about it except that it was last night. I wasn't sure if he had the date right or not, but now that this has come up, I guess it was not a rumor or missed communication of some sort.

Out on the Border

I saw on Twitter that Paul Stanley of Kiss said "Attended a moving/joyous memorial for Glenn Frey. A huge loss. Amazing Eagles music&beautiful speech from Don Henley" . . .maybe he was at this memorial.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    It is apparent from Eagles kids' social mediathat some sort of memorial was held for Glenn last night at the Forum. "GF" heart pendants were involved. Anyone else see this?
    Is this a message board or you mean the offspring of Eagles members (Eaglets)? Anyway, wow, I'm surprised also. I wonder if they taped the event.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Eaglets.

Welcome APHCook

I'm starting to think we might not get to see to a public tribute for Glenn. I do understand they wanted a private memorial for Glenn. Maybe later down the road they will do a public tribute to Glenn when the time is right. I would had loved to hear what Don had said at the memorial. I know I probably would had been crying as he talked about his brother/partner/friend.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 02-17-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Oh wow, I was wondering when they were going to have it too. I had a feeling it would be private but I think they might do a public tribute concert. I just saw one got announced for David Bowie in New York March 31 and April 1st and a lot of musicians and bands are confirming they'll be taking part in it. So I've been thinking too they might do the same for Glenn later this year.

Stuck on the Border

That is my hope. These things take time to arrange.

Indeed, I have seen a few "messages" today stating there was a memorial for Glenn last night...and that Don had delivered a very moving eulogy....