Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Mrs F, you are sooooooo funny!

And you are right!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I've finally managed to burn the download onto a CD - Woo Hoo! Now I don't have to sit in front of the computer to listen to it. Okay Kitchen, here I come

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    I've finally managed to burn the download onto a CD - Woo Hoo! Now I don't have to sit in front of the computer to listen to it. Okay Kitchen, here I come
    Me too and I'm looking forward to listen to it very loud in the car on the way to work tomorrow.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    GLENN... Do I need to say more? Okay, let's just say that I haven't seen a man of Glenn's years looking so utterly and completely beautiful. I am stunned.

It's so funny to read this MF. I know we aren't supposed to refer to men as beautiful, but I often do so with Glenn. He really is a beautiful man. Inside as well as out.
    I totally agree, Mrs. F. and PLS - and I hate it. It would be so much easier for me to control my enthusiasm for the man if he would just cooperate and act like a jerk.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Oh I'm sure if you get on his bad side he can be rather unpleasant. Think about that black look he's been known to give.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    Me too and I'm looking forward to listen to it very loud in the car on the way to work tomorrow.
    Good idea. Now because I could listen to it in the kitchen today the kids actually got their dinner on time Thank the gods for CD burners.

I have spent waaaaay too much time on The Border today. Tomorrow I will try and control myself - sort of, kinda, maybe (I can feel my resolve dissolving already )

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    [ FP, what is that "hackneyed cliche" that you use for him? Excuse me, but I actually don't know what it is! Perhaps you can help me out to express myself here, because I'm at a loss for words. I'm just so in love I can barely see straight... And by the way, FP - yes, I can tell you're happy! You're usually so composed, and now you're gushing just like the rest of us! Carry on!

I love to see Glenn enjoy himself so much. In fact, they ALL look as if they're really deeply into the performance, which is such a treat to see. They're enjoying it as much as we are!
    'In Charge'.

I agree with what you say MF. Just for once I could not help but gush.

I wonder if Don and Glenn are playing up to their 'personas'? Don is the 'sensitive, introspective' one. Glenn is the 'exuberant, optimistic' one.

Great to see the Eagles in action again and kudos to them for doing a real video unlike Hole in the World. I agree that Frey looks to be having a great time but as for Henley... maybe he was having bad gas that day. Schmit is into it but Walsh is iffy. Sometimes he seems to be into it, other times he seems to be there-but-not-there.

Anyone else a little disappointed that the first single is a cover of a song that's 35 years old and not written by an Eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Mrs F, you are sooooooo funny!

And you are right!
    Awwwwww, Brooke, you are so sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed that. Glenn just turns me into a complete puddle of goo . I'm just sooooo in love with him... I can't believe it myself!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down