Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Thanks everyone - glad to share. I figured folks here would appreciate my "sightings" more than my traveling companions did

UTW, I know what you mean - there were several stops we made, including Scott's Bluff, that I didn't know a whole lot about prior to visiting so it was really interesting to see.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm watching Netflix's new drama series "Ozark" and they actually used Bob Seger's "Still the Same" during two scenes in episode 3 of season 1. One was the song playing at a bar where a character was singing along, and then later Jason Bateman's character quotes some of the lyrics to Laura Linney's. Instantly made me think of Glenn.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Just remembered I had a funny one the other day - I saw a couple of small shampoo tubes which had different phrases on them. One of them read 'Peace Be Still' and another read 'Good Hair Day'. However, when I first saw them I read them as 'Learn To Be Still' and 'Good Day In Hell'!

One of the actresses I follow Kat Dennings posted on Twitter helping her neighbor find their lost Corgi dog named Frey. I still haven't heard an update if they found the dog yet but I love Corgis and hope they do soon.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Just saw NBC is in development of a new TV show reboot of "Miami Vice"!!! Didn't expect to see that. Wonder if it'll still have music as a key part of it or not like the original.
    ~*Amanda*~

I bet so! We'll see how it goes!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

In my latest issue of Entertainment Weekly I got today they had a new article talking about the rise of bands coming back in modern day country music including some of my current favorite country bands Old Dominion, Midland, and LanCo. The article talked about how they and other bands are bringing back the Laurel Canyon country-rock sound back to country music (since that wouldn't be considered rock music anymore) and of course made me think of the Eagles and why I'm probably drawn to this newer music.
    Last edited by buffyfan145; 08-11-2017 at 09:21 PM.
    ~*Amanda*~

I was walking back to my office with my boss after a business lunch the other day and my boss looked up in the sky and said "Look! An eagle!" Sure enough there was an eagle flying over our heads. This made me think of Glenn's story in the HOTE documentary about seeing an eagle when they were at Joshua Tree shooting the cover for their first album. Of course, I'd much rather this happened with the band in the California desert than in the cold with my boss!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.... This weekend while we were traveling up through Kansas for my son's football game we stopped off in Coffeyville. (We all love the old west and all things history.) We saw the bank that the Dalton Gang robbed and "Death Alley" where most of them met their deaths. They have a Dalton Gang Defenders Museum there, with all things Coffeyville to view. We saw the photo of the gang lying dead on the ground after the battle was over that the Eagles mimicked for their Desperado cover. The real photo actually shows a hole in the fence behind the bodies with a small boy looking through (I never knew that or seen it before) we were told it was the doctor's, who attended the gang, son. I immediately had to pull up a picture of the album cover to see which Eagle member was which gang member. (I know, I'm a little strange...) Of course the Eagles had one more person than the Dalton Gang did. It was all pretty interesting if you are into that sort of thing.

Stuck on the Border

Today while I was Christmas shopping in Macys I saw a display of jeans that had patches on them. Brought a smile to my face and made me think of Glenn and the patched jeans he wore.