Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: here we go again...

Default Re: here we go again...

Agreed. We can only hope everything has turned out as it should.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - all we can do is hope that Randy gets the proper care and attention he needs so he can live a peaceful, fruitful, and healthy life. I wish him the very best.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking: I bet this is the first time in his career/life that Randy has been "ambushed" (however gently) by a paparazzo as he was going about his daily life - in this case, leaving a deli where he and his wife just had breakfast. Welcome to 21st century celebrity culture, Mr. Meisner.

But still it's awfully good to hear something from Randy himself - it's been over 2 years. He speaks perfectly well, in fact he's more articulate than the young camera man.

P.S. This is the Randy clip from yesterday's TMZ show [warning for sensitive, intelligent people: it is a crass, crass show populated by vile, soulless people]:
    http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_ysbfgjma/

Those at tmz are terrible human beings. Well welcome to the 21st century world of celebrities randy hope your doing okay.

Of all the Eagles songs Take It To The Limit is the only one that comes at me in a very powerful way. Such a thoughtful song I love the DC 77 live version the way Glenn smiles when Randy does the high notes. Wish you well Randy

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Of all the Eagles songs Take It To The Limit is the only one that comes at me in a very powerful way. Such a thoughtful song I love the DC 77 live version the way Glenn smiles when Randy does the high notes. Wish you well Randy
    DC 77 show is my favorite live TITTL, too, tm. I've played that youtube video over and over again. It's so great when Randy hits it spot-on, knows it, and then Glenn gives him the props!

Stuck on the Border

There's a comment on Randy's situation from Don Henley in a recent interview he did with the Classic Rock magazine.

I hear former Eagles bassist Randy Meisner is having health problems. Isn't it ironic because Randy was the clean-cut one who kept away from everything?

No, he didn't keep away from everything. None of us kept away from everything. [Pause]. He went deeper into it as he got older, and just kept going. Every young man goes through a self-destructive streak. Some last longer than others and it's much harder for some men to pull themselves out of it. A lot of it has to do with how one feels about one's self. But we've been there for Randy and done everything we could, and now it's in the hands of an executor, who has been appointed by the courts to handle his affairs.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you, UtW. Can you give a few more details about the interview this came from - there are a number of sources that use the name. Do you have a date or a link for the article? Thanks

Is it the one that has a headline like, You Can't Be a Pansy or a Pushover?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Is it the one that has a headline like, You Can't Be a Pansy or a Pushover?
    Yes, that's the one. November 2015, Hollywood Vampires cover.

Looks like it's online but you may need to be a subscriber to read it. http://classicrock.teamrock.com/feat...ver-or-a-pansy

Thanks for that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten