Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: Today in Eagles History

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Today in Eagles History

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Yes, please, Shun! I'm a HFO junkie and appreciate all videos from that era.
    And, I agree with you, the NZ show was wonderful despite the bad weather.��
    Who could forget Don's 'towel on the head moment'?
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Who could forget Don's 'towel on the head moment'?
    Yeah, but I think he wasn't feeling well that night.🤒
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Yeah, but I think he wasn't feeling well that night.��
    Aw, poor pet!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

16 years ago today, Don and Glenn were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. A very big honor and well deserved for these two guys wrote some of the biggest hits in their lifetime.

Definitely deserved. I'm so glad they were recognized.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Happy 45th Anniversary to start of what would become the Eagles. The future Eagles backed Linda at a show at Disneyland.

Too bad we don't have any footage or pictures from that show. Maybe one day it will pop up.

Their last time playing together was the same month as their first.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

(The) Eagles played their last show a year ago today. In a way, it was a fitting way for the band to end, having completed a highly successful two year tour, but it's still a sad day.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I know. This is probably the one of the saddest days in Eagles history behind the Eagles breaking up in 1980 and Glenn's death.

I regret big time of not seeing them in concert. I had many chances to see them. In either Memphis, Birmingham, New Orleans, St. Louis(I was going to Missouri for vacation, but I wasn't going to Missouri until November and the show was in October. So I missed that show by a month) and of course Bossier City. Those cities except St. Louis are 3 hours away from me.

Money was also a problem. I couldn't afford the tickets and I just didn't have the money to stay the night in those cities. Plus most of the cities that were close to me were on a weekday and I usually don't travel during the week unless I'm going on vacation for a week.

I just had too many I'll see them next year moments for this tour. I just didn't know this would be the last time we ever see Glenn alive and their last concert together before Glenn died. They kept saying this is the last tour(knowing now it wasn't since they were thinking about during the 40th Anniversary of Hotel California tour this year, but I think they didn't know it was soo serious for Glenn and he would bounce back). I will always regret not going to see them. I'm sad that I didn't get to see them as a group, but I'm glad I will see their solo shows. Don's shows was on my list to see this year along with hoping to finally see my first Eagles show. Now it won't happen. I meant seeing the Eagles not Don. I'm seeing in January.

I got this article from the Bossier City thread. This is the only article or anything about their last show. It seem like not that many people from media went to see them that night.

http://kkyr.com/the-eagles-live-in-c...ck=twitter_top
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-29-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

It is sad knowing that too and it's the same with me as I never got to see the band or Glenn in concert. We tried a few times but it was so pricey for all of us to go, and I remember one time I think during the Farewell 1 tour they actually played in Columbus and we were on vacation visiting my family that still lives in Massachusetts so the timing didn't work then. I always thought I'd see them one day too and the Eagles were part of my dream list of classic artists I'd see as well as Paul McCartney (a Beatle) and Fleetwood Mac, and I did see the latter two within the past 5 years and will see Don in a couple weeks so it will count as seeing an Eagle but I still wish it was all of them.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."