Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Don and Stevie

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I've never seen Don and Stevie sing together, but from the pictures and the history, it seems they remain very close friends after all this time. I love it. Although, if I were his wife I would be just a little bit jealous of that friendship. I don't know if I could take it.....them performing so much together and watching it from the sidelines.
    I know! Wouldn't that be a little awkward if you were his wife, standing out in the audience or off to the side of the stage watching them dance together or her lay her head on his shoulder?

As far as telling it again, Soda, how are all the newbies going to know if you, or anyone, quits telling their stories? They won't and the legends will fade away. We don't want that to happen!
    EXACTLY right!

Soda.......I was reading this review of a Don/Stevie concerts on The nicks Fix and it so reminded me of what we were talking about here. Especially when she talks about them being "playful" lol

Sorry about the length!

"Sacha Steele
    My best friend and I just got back from Atlanta. We had to stay overnight due to the fact that we live three and half hours away in Tennessee. I got the 4 star ILoveAllAccess.com package. We sat on the Fifth Row Floor(F1), Seat 7 and 8. I was really pleased with my seats and the cute pen set. I agree with most of the observations made by the previous reviewers, so I’ll just add a few other things that I thought or noticed from the show. First, I would just like to say that the show was just terrific! Stevie seemed to have so much energy, looked so healthy and fit, and just seemed all around happier and more relaxed than she did on the SYW tour. It looks like she has had time to rest and rejuvenate, which is wonderful!

Don Henley was really a treat. I haven’t seen him except with the Eagles, so it was really special to hear his solo stuff live. His voice quality is great. His voice hasn’t change, since he started in the business. I think he is still singing everything in the same key! Don made several, cute comments to the crowd during his set in a southern accent; to the effect of, “Ya’ll had a cool, wet, spring, so ya’ll don’t have any peaches. Well, except for the ones in the audience, and I’m too old for that. You don’t have any dumaters either; that is how you say it, right?” It was funny. He also stated it was great to be back in the South.

I love how Stevie and Don interacted with each other. They were really playful! Don kissed Stevie’s cheek, forehead, and hand several times throughout the show. They whispered to each other during non-vocal parts and in between songs. During the end of “Last Worthless Evening,” Don came up behind Stevie and hugged her for along time. I thought that was really sweet. I really love the slow dance that they did during the instrumental part of “GDW,” and the way he grabbed a part of her shawl to take “her lace” during “Leather and Lace.” I thought their best duet was “NY Minute,” because Stevie was really singing her part of that song like she had lived it. It was awesome to see that they still seem to have chemistry after all these years................"

I saw that same Don & Stevie show in Atlanta, and they were wonderful together.
    Ah, memories....

Exactly... seeing them together onstage is just terrific. They still have such a great relationship, it's obvious. If I were Don's wife I too would be nervous that he was spending so much time touching Stevie Nicks, but then again, I think Stevie Nicks is irresistable. That dance during Gold Dust Woman was SOOOOOO HOT. And when he sang in that sexy voice "oooh... pale... shadow of a woman...." oh man. He would close his eyes and the way he sang it made you wonder if he wasn't recalling his own moments with a certain woman...

More Don and Stevie trivia: Don says Stevie is the one who inspired him to go solo after the Eagles broke up. Also, Stevie says that when 911 occurred while she was in New York for a show, one of the first people she called was Don. She told him "Your song is coming true" (regarding End of the Innocence).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ooooooooo I didn't know that soda! Wow!

I had to post those two pics that I was talking about in my first post.......plus the young one of course My three fav. Don and Stevie pics that I've seen so far

This is all very interesting. I love the song "Sara" and knew a little about its background. It's rather nice that Don and Stevie are still friends and can make good music together.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Don and Stevie do have a magic spark between them, and it is wonderful how their friendship has endured after all they've been through.

I love the song Sara. One of my favorite things about it is all the 'bird' (i.e. Eagles) imagery such as the line "And he was just like a great dark wing within the wings of a storm." I believe the line "the startling flew for days" is a reference to the unborn aborted child.

It must be very difficult for Stevie to sing that song.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Did you know that I took this one? I'm not a very good photographer, but this is one of the few photos I've taken that's come out really well. They just look so sweet together. He drew her to him when he was singing the lines "You in the moonlight, with your sleepy eyes..." which is when I took the photo.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

They look like the definition of "soul mates" to me.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions
    Trapped here in this flesh and bone

Its a great pic! they sure do look good together and the genuine affection for each other just radiates thru the picture