Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Part of the Plan" - Dan Fogelberg tribute track

Default Re: "Part of the Plan" - Dan Fogelberg tribute track

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I think you miss my point.

I'm sorry.

Stuck on the Border

The way I read it Freypower's point wasn't that Don and Timothy should have been by Glenn's side all the time, but that they were recording as the "Eagles", knowing that Glenn couldn't participate.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    The way I read it Freypower's point wasn't that Don and Timothy should have been by Glenn's side all the time, but that they were recording as the "Eagles", knowing that Glenn couldn't participate.
    That's how I read it, too.

But... maybe they didn't intend to release it as the Eagles at that time? Maybe it was going to be billed as Joe Walsh with Don and Timothy backing?

Maybe they only decided to release it as the Eagles now, because they believe that touring with Deacon ("the only way we'd do it") has legitimized the concept of a continuing Eagles which they can parlay into releasing music as the Eagles with just the three of them.

The only alternative I can think of is that Glenn didn't want the Eagles to participate (the Eagles have NEVER appeared on an album like this, regardless of the cause) and that's why the solo songs were going to happen instead; that as soon as they realized Glenn would no longer be able to block it, they finished the song. That's complete conjecture, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I believe Glenn wanted to do his own cover and arrangement and that he simply ran out of time. For those who may not know his music DF wrote some beautiful songs. Glenn had soul and connected emotionally/passionately to the songs he sang. I know he would have done a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That's how I read it, too.

But... maybe they didn't intend to release it as the Eagles at that time? Maybe it was going to be billed as Joe Walsh with Don and Timothy backing?

Maybe they only decided to release it as the Eagles now, because they believe that touring with Deacon ("the only way we'd do it") has legitimized the concept of a continuing Eagles which they can parlay into releasing music as the Eagles with just the three of them.

The only alternative I can think of is that Glenn didn't want the Eagles to participate (the Eagles have NEVER appeared on an album like this, regardless of the cause) and that's why the solo songs were going to happen instead; that as soon as they realized Glenn would no longer be able to block it, they finished the song. That's complete conjecture, though.
    This.

Thank you.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks Toni. I didn't wish to elaborate when I first posted. I knew nothing about Glenn possibly doing a song of his own; but the fact is he didn't. Instead we have a song by three people billing themselves as 'Eagles'. I would hazard a guess that Henley & Schmit did separate backing vocals tracks & sent them to Walsh. I doubt they were in a studio together.

There isn't any point in continuing to state my opinion on this state of affairs.
    Last edited by Freypower; 10-11-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Thank you, moderator, for moving the original posts over to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Not my favorite DF song, but I'm glad the Eagles are participating. I've always loved Dan's music and was happy I got to see him in concert at a smaller venue a few years before his death.

Which songs of his did the guys sing back-up on the original recordings?
    “Part of the Plan” is not a favorite of mine either.

For the Souvenirs album Don sings backup and plays drums on “Better Change” and Glenn and Don sing backing vocals on “Someone’s Been Telling You Stories.”

On “There’s a Place in the World for a Gambler” Don, Randy, and 2 ladies sing backing vocals along with someone called ‘Junior (Himself) Vocalcords’ —Glenn, I assume.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thank you, moderator, for moving the original posts over to this thread.

“Part of the Plan” is not a favorite of mine either.

For the Souvenirs album Don sings backup and plays drums on “Better Change” and Glenn and Don sing backing vocals on “Someone’s Been Telling You Stories.”

On “There’s a Place in the World for a Gambler” Don, Randy, and 2 ladies sing backing vocals along with someone called ‘Junior (Himself) Vocalcords’ —Glenn, I assume.
    If he isn't credited by name I would not assume any such thing. When was Glenn ever referred to as Junior? Why wouldn't he be named?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If he isn't credited by name I would not assume any such thing. When was Glenn ever referred to as Junior? Why wouldn't he be named?
    As there are family members involved in the choir (I believe), I would wildly guess that 'junior' is a very young person.