Page 73 of 166 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

UTW and AT - I think you both have pretty much hit the nail on the head as to what may have happened. I believe many people, including myself, think this whole think could and should have been handled differently. In my opinion, there should have been an official announcement coming from Irving stating the remaining Eagles would be performing as soon as the festival was announced with some kind of statement stating this was with the blessing of the Frey family. Instead there was no announcement, days and days of speculation and then finally Don's "So I'm Told" comment. By the time they gave the interview with iheart radio, almost a month had gone by. And, judging from FB comments I have seen, most people never heard the radio interview. This of course caused more speculation and criticism towards the band for being only about money. This all could have been avoided if Irving, as their manager, had handled it properly.

I do not think there is anyone who has any objection to Deacon playing with Don, Joe and Tim to honor his father. He will be playing with three people who care a great deal for him and will do everything possible to make sure he is comfortable.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    A perfect quote for a T-shirt. I think I'll have one custom-made for me.
    That's so funny! Maybe we all can use one for this thread? I'm sure I can.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I don't think anyone disagrees that this whole thing could have been handled better. The main difference in opinion seems to be whether this is slightly disappointing (at one extreme) or utterly appalling (at the other extreme), or somewhere in between.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I don't think anyone disagrees that this whole thing could have been handled better. The main difference in opinion seems to be whether this is slightly disappointing (at one extreme) or utterly appalling (at the other extreme), or somewhere in between.
    Well if the Classic East / West shows are a sell out, or even just regarded as a huge success, I'd say it's all been handled rather well. Even the organisers of last year's desert shows, which I believe were the inspiration behind Irving's Classic East / West shows, will be a little jealous of an Azoff masterstroke.

I believe Joe said he hoped to do more Facebook Q&As during his Tom Petty Tour. I hope somebody asks him about Deacon. I think he'd be able to clear up the conjecture. He may even give away who the Eagles' special guests are

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Well if the Classic East / West shows are a sell out, or even just regarded as a huge success, I'd say it's all been handled rather well. Even the organisers of last year's desert shows, which I believe were the inspiration behind Irving's Classic East / West shows, will be a little jealous of an Azoff masterstroke.

I believe Joe said he hoped to do more Facebook Q&As during his Tom Petty Tour. I hope somebody asks him about Deacon. I think he'd be able to clear up the conjecture. He may even give away who the Eagles' special guests are
    OK. I'll then say that most people don't think it has been handled well.

For myself, personally speaking, I'll consider the concerts to be a success or not based on what happens at the concert. Not how many people attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    As an overview of discussion, I do think that things here go off on their own path that ignores reality. That people will say things and then others will agree and things head off in various directions.
    Agree. Outside hardcore Eagles fandom some of these issues are seen much differently. If one were to go another music forum and post, especially repeatedly, that a band is not identifying mystery guests as some kind of conspiracy to drive up ticket prices, which makes the band deplorable and contemptible, I can only imagine the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I think what a lot of people want is something like the Concert for George, or the tribute concert the remaining members of Queen arranged for Freddie Mercury. Brian May said he did this so that fans could say goodbye and to give Freddie "the biggest send-off in history." It would be nice if the remaining Eagles did something similar. To give the fans some closure. While the remaining Eagles may be doing tributes to Glenn at their individual shows or at the upcoming performances, most of us don't get to see it.
    I think it's possible that a tribute concert solely dedicated to Glenn can still happen. As was stated way earlier in this thread, Dan Fogelberg's tribute concert is taking place this summer, and he died in 2007.

Someone who could possibly take the reins is Don Was, who I believe was a close colleague of Glenn's. He was one of the musical directors for the beautiful Merle Haggard tribute concert earlier this month. It's also possible that some sort of tribute album can be released with different artists singing Glenn's songs. I don't believe it's too late for either a concert or an album.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Actually, you forgot one:

Contemptible, deplorable and manipulative.

YW

I would think that Don Was could organise an excellent tribute concert.

However, we don't know what those closer to Glenn want or do not want. There may have been a reason why the main tribute to Glenn so far was a private event.

Re: Desert Trip 2016 held October 7,8 and 9

Reserved seating and general admission passes went on sale May 9, 2016 at 10 am PST

Reportedly the festival was sold out in 3-5 hours.

6 legendary bands 3 day AND single day passes were available

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I just saw the interview on Vintage TV's Friday Rock Show. Presenter, Nicky Horne and Tim discussed the end of the Eagles. There's not much doubt that they both thought the Eagles were over when the interview took place. It sounded uncomfortably dated.

Nicky's a big Eagles fan, he did the world exclusive, in depth interviews when Long Road Out Of Eden was released and many more before it. I'm sure he now knows about the Classic East / West shows so I'm surprised he didn't update the program before it was broadcast.

I believe that when this interview was conducted in February, Tim wasn't aware of the Classic East / West concert or he's an extremely good liar.

Kinda goes against the band meeting every January doesn't it.

I've been paying attention to their individual plans for the last six months. They still don't plan too far in advance so they were always open to some hastily planned Eagles project. HFO started with a hastily put together, live TV Concert Special. Eagles 3.0 starts with a sudden headlining appearance at a megabucks Superstar Rock Concert. Irving's probably already lining up the next Eagles project.

The Glenn Frey tributes will have to stop sometime. Classic East / West could be the last.
    Yeah, won't it be great when all that 'tribute' stuff is out of the way. What an inconvenience it has been. Really!