Page 123 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Border Rebel

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Could they continue? Yes, of course they could.

Would they continue? I very much doubt it.

Should they continue? I don't think so. Obviously, losing Glenn is a huge hit for them. Losing Glenn plus Don or Joe would make it just about futile to continue, IMHO. They would have very few of the original songs with the original artists. I love Timothy but I would consider him more replaceable. Without Don or Joe, it wouldn't be impossible but I don't think it would be right, and I doubt very much they could make it a commercial success.

If the question was should they continue without Don or Joe, if they still had Glenn, it would be much more difficult to answer. I'm not sure on that one. It would be very tough, no question, but then it's very tough without Glenn.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Of course anyone is replaceable in a literal sense. That wasn't the question. The question was whether it would be acceptable for the present day Eagles to tour without Joe or Timothy. That AC/DC replaced their lead singer almost 40 years ago is irrelevant to the question. Although I point out that they are without Brian Johnston now in 2017 and rather than replacing him they are calling it quits; go figure.
    I answered that question a few posts back. If that's what Eagles decide to do, then that's up to them. It's fully OK for them to do that if that's what they want, and it's up to them if they call the band Eagles or not.

It's different from The Guess Who, in my eyes at least, because the name 'The Guess Who" was obtained in what I feel was an underhanded fashion. But, if Eagles agree on future incarnations being called Eagles, then that's up to them.

My only choice is whether I still wish to listen to the music any more.

It looks like more dates have been added, according the official website. Is this the correct place to post this? My apologies if it should be in the pre-anticipation thread.

"An Evening With the Eagles" Fall 2017 Concerts
    The Eagles – Don Henley, Joe Walsh & Timothy B. Schmit, with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey – have set “An Evening with the Eagles” concerts this fall, kicking off October 17 in Greensboro, North Carolina at the Greensboro Coliseum and continuing October 20 in Atlanta, Georgia at Philips Arena; October 24 in Louisville, Kentucky at KFC Yum! Center; and October 27 in Detroit, Michigan at Little Caesars Arena. Tickets go on sale to the general public beginning Saturday, August 19 at 10 AM through LiveNation.com.
    (my emphasis)

https://eagles.com
    Last edited by Delilah; 08-14-2017 at 10:01 AM. Reason: updating link

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

What an uninspired tour name. A certain ex-member has a trademark for "An Evening at the Hotel California".

Whatever this is, it's not a TOUR. Joe Walsh, Rolling Stone, July 30: I don't think we'll ever tour again, but I think we'll do 6 shows a year, something like that .
    These shows will make 7 in less than 6 months. Tickets on sale Aug 19th!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    What an uninspired tour name. A certain ex-member has a trademark for "An Evening at the Hotel California".
    Actually, "An Evening at the Hotel California" doesn't sound bad for an Eagles tour name; it's better than "An Evening With the Eagles" IMO. It commemorates the 40th anniversary of the band's most popular studio album and gives a nod to the past while making it less about the new guest-members. If a certain ex-member were invited back to go on tour with them he would probably forgo suing for trademark infringement. (I didn't realize there was such a trademark).

It looks like the band is not referring to Deacon and Vince as official members yet ("Eagles...with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey").

ETA: just saw Freyfollower's post, maybe "mini-tour" is a more accurate term.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's more dates than I expected and these are all indoor venues, which makes sense with the weather getting colder. Also probably since these won't be connected with the "Classic" concerts. That Detroit one is going to be emotional going back to Glenn's hometown. There will probably be more dates in the New Year.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

So, my initial thought upon seeing that the "Eagles" were touring after they had said they weren't was that once again, they had been feeding us a line of bull. And in a sense they were, in that a tour had always been on the table even as they were careful to minimize its likelihood.

However, upon reflection, I do think they initially were going to go with the few shows a year bit, and only changed their mind when the Classic Northwest did not sell as well as hoped. That's just speculation, but it would explain the abrupt change from what Joe said. It would also explain why the Atlanta show, which was supposed to be a Classic according to Don's birthday Q&A, is now an "Eagles" show.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I don't really understand about the size of the venue. Is "stadium" an outside venue (except the Seattle one has an "umbrella") with capacity of 40-60,000 and an arena an indoor venue with capacity of 15-25,000? Are stadiums only used in the summer? Is it the season or expectation of lower ticket sales that is driving the switch to smaller venues? Personally, I think arenas are far too big so I can't imagine seeing a show in a stadium.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I don't really understand about the size of the venue. Is "stadium" an outside venue (except the Seattle one has an "umbrella") with capacity of 40-60,000 and an arena an indoor venue with capacity of 15-25,000? Are stadiums only used in the summer? Is it the season or expectation of lower ticket sales that is driving the switch to smaller venues? Personally, I think arenas are far too big so I can't imagine seeing a show in a stadium.
    A lot has to do with the actual sport of baseball in these stadiums they would using. The fields can't be exposed to too much weather or it could ruin the grounds for the teams to play on. Plus, in most of these cities it gets too cold for people to want to go to an outdoor concert, especially once it goes below freezing, so they'll usually be only late spring through early fall; and you have to take into account the teams' schedules.

Stadiums do fit a lot more people so it could be for ticket sales but I think it's mostly for weather with the switch to arenas.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."