Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

First of all ...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HELL FREEZES OVER!!!

Well - this was an important event in Eagles history at the time, but given that the band has survived ever since then, it seems to be more significant now than it was even then. Thank goodness their original resumption plan to just blitz a few stadiums in the summer of '94 was a dismal failure.

And if we are going to bring out the hotness thermometer, I have to weigh in on that. For me, it was the hottest era for Glenn, Don H., and Don F. Not that Timothy wasn't hot, but I think his hottest era was a few years earlier during Tell Me the Truth. As far as Joe, the HFO look was not his best, IMO. The professor look is just so 'un-Joe' to me. I think Joe is looking hotter in the past few years than he has looked since the late '70's.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Happy Anniversary HFO! I love you too!

I think all the guys look fabulous in it, they've really matured wonderfully! I think Glenn, Don H, and Timothy look fantastic, but am not crazy about Joe's short hair. I think he and Don F look hotter now.

Overall, I prefer the 70's long hair for all of them.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hell Freezes Over is responsible for making me fall head over heels in love with the Eagles, and Don in particular. I'd always liked their well-known songs but, until I bought this DVD, I had no idea what they looked like - or that I would become quite as crazy about them as I am. I didn't stop watching the DVD for about three weeks. It completely captured me and I immediately fell in love with the songs and Don's voice - I remember that Wasted Time made me stop and go "Wow." It still does. Gradually, I fell in love with those blue eyes as well as the voice, and so it all began! Little did I know that a love for the Eagles would lead me to America to see them in concert (from the front row) and also that it would allow me to meet so many wonderful people across the globe. Hell Freezes Over is where it all started for me, and each time I watch it, I fall in love all over again. Thank GOODNESS they got back together!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

All I have to say is, I'm watching it on VHS right now. (I got the tape stuck in an older VHS player a couple months ago, and I finally got it out yesterday.) I watched the concert over and over as a kid and I still love watching it. Hell Freezes Over was what made me get into the Eagles, and Don in particular. Happy anniversary, HFO! I'm so glad hell froze over.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Happy Anniversary Hell Freezes Over!

Love this DVD. It's great. I also am a huge fan of the Christchurch version.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...this DVD made a lot of us "rediscover" the Eagles...and YES I love their looks back then...as for Glenn, it's a toss up between his looks in HFO and the early 1980's...but hey, he ALWAYS looked and still looks amazingly handsome...

Happy anniversary to HFO! I really like the four HFO songs.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Hell Freezes Over is responsible for making me fall head over heels in love with the Eagles, and Don in particular. I'd always liked their well-known songs but, until I bought this DVD, I had no idea what they looked like - or that I would become quite as crazy about them as I am. I didn't stop watching the DVD for about three weeks. It completely captured me and I immediately fell in love with the songs and Don's voice - I remember that Wasted Time made me stop and go "Wow." It still does. Gradually, I fell in love with those blue eyes as well as the voice, and so it all began! Little did I know that a love for the Eagles would lead me to America to see them in concert (from the front row) and also that it would allow me to meet so many wonderful people across the globe. Hell Freezes Over is where it all started for me, and each time I watch it, I fall in love all over again. Thank GOODNESS they got back together!
    I have almost the same story, word for word, Troub!! Only difference is that the songs I first fell in love with were New York Minute (HFO version is better than original IMO), Heart of the Matter and Love Will Keep Us Alive.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

The HFO version of "Heart of the Matter" is my favorite. It's staggering!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hell Freezes Over was major for me as an Eagles fan. I did like them in the 70's & saw them, but was not a major fan. I got to go to HFO concert & it was so fantastic, I fell in love with the Eagles big time. It also got me caught up with Timothy, as I was a big Poco fan & I had totally lost track of him in the 80's. I had no idea he even did solo albums. I thought he disappeared off the face of the earth! I had seen Henley in the late 80's on the End of the Innocence tour, but that was it! I recorded the concert on MTV & the live show just totally blew me away. As for the way they looked, that was the peak of Eagles hotness to me! WOW. Loved that tour!
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HELL FREEZES OVER & to a great reunion of these hugely talented guys!!