Page 165 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165
Results 1,641 to 1,649 of 1649

Thread: Rock N Roll Birthdays

Default Re: Rock N Roll Birthdays

Happy Birthday to Justin Hayward of The Moody Blues!

Justin is my favourite singer and songwriter, and I think he’s a great and underrated guitarist.

Here’s “Nights in White Satin” from the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf7xel

What a voice he has! And he’s so hot!

Stuck on the Border

I will be seeing Justin on Thursday in Sydney. Happy birthday to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Have a wondetful time FP, I hope you will let us know how it went.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Happy Birthday to Justin Hayward of The Moody Blues!

Justin is my favourite singer and songwriter, and I think he’s a great and underrated guitarist.

Here’s “Nights in White Satin” from the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf7xel

I will be entirely honest here and say I have never knowingly listened to The Moody Blues, however yesterday I passed the exact site where the Isle of Wight Festival was held in 1970, and was thinking how amazing it would have been to see the likes of Hendrix and The Doors playing in that very field!

Happy birthday Justin!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    That's cool! Enjoy yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I will be entirely honest here and say I have never knowingly listened to The Moody Blues, however yesterday I passed the exact site where the Isle of Wight Festival was held in 1970, and was thinking how amazing it would have been to see the likes of Hendrix and The Doors playing in that very field!

Happy birthday Justin!
    I love The Moody Blues. I think their sound is unique, and their songs have great melodies and beautiful lyrics.

As for the Isle of Wight Festival, here are a couple of quotes from Justin:

It was a difficult day. Anybody who said it was peace, love and good vibes is clearly lying. The fences came down, the security disappeared. It was kind of dangerous. There were a lot of bad drugs going around. But fortunately, we had just had a song called “Question” and it got to number one in the UK charts and the audience was ready for us. There were a lot of people, artists, that took it all in the wrong kind of spirit and got a little bit aggressive but I think the whole crowd, 400,000 or something people, were kind of relieved when we came on because they thought, “Ah, it’s the Moodies and they’re going to play ‘Question’.” And suddenly everybody felt safer and more secure. It was a good night for us. It wasn’t so much for the rest of the artists. But I think that was the end of an era as well. That was the end of that great festival era.
    [The Isle of Wight] wasn’t a very pleasant festival. People talk about it now as if it was all love and good vibes. That’s absolutely not true. It was almost the opposite – it was violent, difficult, and unpleasant.
    Nobody was getting paid. And I remember Free really getting angry with the promoter, just taking their money from him and (laughs) holding him up against the wall. It was very difficult. I think that some of the Americans artist might have been paid beforehand, but none of the rest of us got paid.

The fence came down, and it turned into a free concert – which just meant it was chaos. Any security disappeared – and anyone official disappeared. It was just a free-for-all.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I will be entirely honest here and say I have never knowingly listened to The Moody Blues..
    You're missing out, guv'nor! Surely you know "Nights in White Satin"? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8[/ame]

My personal favorite is "Tuesday Afternoon," it's just perfect and beautiful. To think, Justin was very young when he wrote these epic songs. These timeless melodies just landed on his pretty head. I think he was only 18 when "Nights" came to him.

Stuck on the Border

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhKKYQMb7JQ[/ame]

Stuck on the Border

FP - Have a great time.
    I love the song NIWS. Crazy about that festival. I had always thought it was all peace and love like Woodstock.