Page 65 of 140 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

This night, in fact just about this time 11 years ago I ‘googled’ (if that was the word then) the name ‘Glenn Frey’ to see if I could find out anything about him. My search led me to the site glennfreyonline.com which opened a treasure trove of information, pictures, songs, videos etc. it also led me to making some wonderful friendships which have endured to this day, people who have been with me during the best and worst moments of my life over the last 11 years. So from me a big big ‘Thank You’ I lover you all, and Glenn Frey
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

A few years ago, I had depression and even now I still have a few down days. Today was one such day. When this happens, I normally listen to a select few artists who always manage to make me smile. I learned today that the Eagles are one such artist. I put on the Selected Works cd driving home from work and I found myself smiling along.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm glad that worked for you, Magnolia!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That's awesome. The Rolling Stones are the only band that can start to bring me out of a black hole. My theory is that there is so much life force embedded in Keith's guitar and/or Mick's voice that they can impart restorative vibes to the listener.

Thank God for music, whatever kind does it for you.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's awesome. The Rolling Stones are the only band that can start to bring me out of a black hole. My theory is that there is so much life force embedded in Keith's guitar and/or Mick's voice that they can impart restorative vibes to the listener.

Thank God for music, whatever kind does it for you.
    I agree about the Stones, but for me that also applies to the Beatles, Led Zeppelin & Dire Straits & to a lesser extent Genesis.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your depression, but it sounds promising that you are able to manage it and are no longer so affected.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    A few years ago, I had depression and even now I still have a few down days. Today was one such day. When this happens, I normally listen to a select few artists who always manage to make me smile. I learned today that the Eagles are one such artist. I put on the Selected Works cd driving home from work and I found myself smiling along.
    I often find that music helps when I am feeling down and it cheers me up. Also when I don't have music I can get very out of sorts. I love After Hours
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Most days are good days but those bad ones lurk around. And I must agree, music is a miracle worker. I don't know where I would be without it.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

I'm on a family vacation in Asheville and in one of the shops downtown I was looking at the shirts and lo and behold, I found this beauty.

It was the only one there and I just had to buy it. Best part was that it was only $4!

Edit: I just realized I reached 100 posts. My, does time fly by when having fun!
    Last edited by Magnolia; 12-14-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Lovely! I bought mine on Ebay (used - ugh, but beggars can't be choosers). The things we do for love

Is there snow in Asheville?