Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Business As Usual

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Business As Usual

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I was listening to Inside Job and it occurred to me that Miss Ghost sounds almost EXACTLY like Business As Usual. The melody is almost exactly the same. I dug around on here and of course, you guys discussed this already..but the similarity was quite astonishing. I wonder if this and/or any other LROOE tracks were rejects for solo projects that were reworked for the album...

BAU, contrary to what I wrote back in 2007, has become one of my favourite tracks on LROOE. Miss Ghost is in my top 3 on IJ & I see a vague similarity, but that's all. Please note I said it was 'like' an outtake from IJ. I didn't say it WAS, but lyrically it is very much in that album's vein.

Regarding the White House & 'monuments to arrogance' back then I thought it was more a metaphorical comparison & a reference to the present day, not when the building was constructed. But the White House reference does seem to be separate.

Freypower, I wasn't saying that's what you were saying...Miss Ghost came up on my ipod the other day and to me, it sounded like Business As Usual, so I searched on here for a thread discussing either song.

I have to say I don't care much for either song, but they still do sound similar to me. BAU would fit quite well on Inside Job, both musically and lyrically.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    BAU would fit quite well on Inside Job, both musically and lyrically.
    Indeed, Don even uses the phrase "business as usual" in a song on Inside Job ("Workin' It").

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten