Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell 1 Survivor

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Farewell 1 Survivor

The Long Run & Desperado

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - I really didn't want to vote for LWKUA last round, but if I hadn't, even after the tiebreaker, we may have had a 3-way tie for the 2nd elimination. That would have forced a tiebreaker question to decide the round. I wouldn't have minded that if I had thought I'd be able to save it long-term. But I figured it would probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway, making my attempt to save it rather feudal. We are so split with our votes, it's hard to predict what will happen next. I'm thinking this may have been the first time in the history of our Survivor games where a song was eliminated with only three votes.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

So hard to decide! I'll go for In the City and Funk 49 although they're great performances. I just prefer others a bit more.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Rebel

I agree, it's very hard to choose. I vote for Take it to the Limit and Funk 49.

I think the last time I saw Take it to the Limit it was pretty good, but I'm not fond of the performance on Farewell I.

Banned

Happy to lose You Belong to the City and Love Will Keep Us Alive. I missed the last round as I decided not to vote until I'd watched the DVD again. Parts of it I felt I was watching for the first time but those were the two tracks I would have voted for.

It's just bad having the lead singer sat behind a keyboard when everyone else is standing up, unless you're a solo artist like Elton John or Billy Joel and playing lead keyboards.

LWKUA is just a waste of the guys' talents. If they can't find anything better, they're not trying hard enough. I'm pretty sure that Paul Carrack has dropped it from his set list.

No More Cloudy Days, mainly featuring Glenn's vocals, Steuart's lead guitar and Mostert's Sax seems to be a solo Frey track masquerading as an Eagles track.

Next round I vote again for Peaceful Easy Feeling with it's unwanted violin and piano and All She Wants To Do Is Dance, which despite live horns and drums and Steuart's slide guitar, still sounds like an outdated 80s track. It's fun to watch the band dancing around but I don't like them leaving the donkey work to the backing band.

Border Troubadour

Missed the last two rounds but I have no issues with the ones that were voted out. This round I'll go for Take It to the Limit (I much prefer their HOTE rendition), and Rocky Mountain Way. I will make a couple of other points: Glenn is an exceptional songwriter but I can't get into NMCD: his other two solo-written contributions to LROOE were superb, but this just leaves me cold. Secondly I can't help but wonder if LWKUA was a Glenn or Henley vocal (i.e. someone who sings 10+ song per show) whether it would have been dropped by now...

Border Rebel

I vote for "Hole In The World" and "Life's Been Good." The latter was hard to let go, but it's just too long.

Border Troubadour

I'll stick with I Can't Tell You Why and Rocky Mountain Way
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    I'll stick with I Can't Tell You Why and Rocky Mountain Way
    Oh but DD Rocky Mountain is so Joe Walsh kick a-- music. but I guess it's ok. HAHA!

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

I'll go for Lyin' eyes and Funk 49
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"