Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell 1 Survivor

Out on the Border

Default Re: Farewell 1 Survivor

Funk 49 and All she wants to do is dance

Border Troubadour

I vote for You Belong to the City and No More Cloudy Days

While I like both songs, neither come across at their best in these performances.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

I'm with IABAD. IMO The acoustic set is kinda boring. If you remember when we were playing the HFO Survivor, we were voting off the acoustic set songs and new songs real early in the game and some were Glenn's songs. It has nothing to do with Glenn singing the song. I like some of the songs Glenn sing even though I like Don more. I like Glenn's voice too and some of his songs, but since this game is based on performance and not the song, I'm voting for the the performances that are boring or I'm not feeling. IMO I like all the performances on the DVD, but like IABAD said. Something has to go.

I'm voting for No More Cloudy Days and Love Will Keep Us Alive.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I can remember the clamour for the Eagles to put some new songs into their set. It was just wonderful to have evidence that the Eagles were working on new material. All these years later, the new songs are not so significant on the DVD.

I repeat the duo I voted for during the first round. The lame version of Peaceful Easy Feeling... too many cooks... and the version of Wasted Time that is somehow tedious. Is it missing Felder's touch?
    If it's missing Felder's touch, then you will have to vote for all the songs to go down at once cause he isn't on any of them!

I vote for Wasted Time and Hole In The World.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Rebel

I vote for "Love Will Keep Us Alive" and "No More Cloudy Days." The former is sung beautifully by Timothy, but it's too sappy for my tastes and NMCD is just not one of my favorites by Glenn.

Border Troubadour

I'm away on holiday bit have just logged in to vote - I go for NMCD and LWKUA as my votes for reasons I will explain when I'm back via a proper means.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    If it's missing Felder's touch, then you will have to vote for all the songs to go down at once cause he isn't on any of them!
    I can't do that it's against the rules!

For whatever reason, F1 has my least favourite version of Wasted Time. I don't think the Eagles have performed it since.

Anyway there are at least three tracks, Love Will Keep Us Alive, You Belong To The City and Dirty Laundry that I think are better without Felder.
    Love Will Keep Us Alive is not one of my favourite tracks but the F1 version with Steuart Smith's lovely guitar solo is tops imho.

In fact I prefer Tim's solo version and the, Jim Capaldi Tribute Concert version, partly sung by Joe, to the HFO original too.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I can't do that it's against the rules!

For whatever reason, F1 has my least favourite version of Wasted Time. I don't think the Eagles have performed it since.

Anyway there are at least three tracks, Love Will Keep Us Alive, You Belong To The City and Dirty Laundry that I think are better without Felder.
    Love Will Keep Us Alive is not one of my favourite tracks but the F1 version with Steuart Smith's lovely guitar solo is tops imho.

In fact I prefer Tim's solo version and the, Jim Capaldi Tribute Concert version, partly sung by Joe, to the HFO original too.
    For what it's worth I totally agree that LWKUA with Steuart is far superior to the original version. I also agree that this is a weak version of Wasted Time, which I have voted for already.

The problem with YBTTC is Glenn is hunched behind a keyboard & his vocal is so strained and there is too much sax (even though it's a sax driven song). I have no problem with that song going quickly. The magnificent Christchurch version is the one which should be seen & the way the song should have been played for F1. Felder barely features in it. I think people have been far, far too harsh on NMCD. Perhaps you had to be there. I certainly was.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm watching the DVD now. OMG how young they ALL look, Its been a busy 10 years for them - not that they don't look any less hot now than they did then I hasten to add.

I think I will vote off 'I Cant Tell You Why'. Its a nice version but it just doesn't do it for me as much as the other songs, and also 'Rocky Mountain Way'. Again, I've never been into it being as late in the show. Its the same in the HOTE show. It could be dispensed with. JMHO!!
    Last edited by Glennsallnighter; 04-10-2015 at 04:50 PM.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP