Thread: Eagle Members Singing Backup

Banned

Default DELETE PLEASE

Last edited by redstorm1968; 08-22-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Eagle Members Singing Backup

There is at least one, possibly as many as three*, Eagle members singing back-up on "Deliver Me" by Rick Roberts:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HSwiauWPx0

*Henley, Leadon and/or Meisner

We're trying to get clarity on this and other topics in the Randy's Discography thread!

Stuck on the Border

Here is the original thread on this subject:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=4298

However the thread is about guest appearances in general, not just backing vocals.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    There is at least one, possibly as many as three*, Eagle members singing back-up on "Deliver Me" by Rick Roberts:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HSwiauWPx0

*Henley, Leadon and/or Meisner

We're trying to get clarity on this and other topics in the Randy's Discography thread!
    I can clarify, Deliver Me is the original Eagles with Rick Roberts instead of Glenn.

.. and I never hear You're So Vain on the radio any more without the DJ saying Mick Jagger's on backing vox. MJ is also on Henley's Cass County album and Joe's Blues project album.... if they ever come out.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    Thank you. I'll check it out. It would be great to run across a great uncredited vocal, a la Mick Jagger/"You're So Vain."

You can move this post there, if you like. I wasn't aware of a preexisting thread.
    You're fine not to realise there was an old thread. I knew there was because I've been here since the board was created, but I can't merge the threads!

How I LOVE Mick on You're So Vain. Now I've gone off topic.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

We have a thread for all of the acts Timothy has sung for/with, and there are a lot! See here - https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=4776

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Tangents are part of what make conversations fun

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    I recently heard the Trisha Yearwood song "Walk Away Joe" on the radio again and I intently listened to Henley singing the backup vocals. I really liked his contribution to the song and it started me thinking about other songs that the Eagles have sang backup on that I might not be aware of. Anyone?
    There is an interesting anecdote to this story. I am a huge Trisha Yearwood fan, and have heard the story a couple of times. He sang the backup with her in studio and then flew home. By the time he got back, he called her and told her how unhappy he was with how he sounded, so he re-recorded the vocals and sent them to her. (More of that Eagles perfectionism!) She was stunned because they thought that they had a great recording already.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    There is an interesting anecdote to this story. I am a huge Trisha Yearwood fan, and have heard the story a couple of times. He sang the backup with her in studio and then flew home. By the time he got back, he called her and told her how unhappy he was with how he sounded, so he re-recorded the vocals and sent them to her. (More of that Eagles perfectionism!) She was stunned because they thought that they had a great recording already.

I had never heard that story before about "Walkaway Joe". Maybe she distracted him while they were singing together, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten