Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you guys side with? Felder or Henley/Frey?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Who do you guys side with? Felder or Henley/Frey?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I've seen Joe play the NKIT parts & he did a superb job (2004). I have no idea how it compared with Felder but it was good enough for me. I clapped him after the solo at one show & he nodded at me in acknowledgment. I've never forgotten that.
    What a sweet story (wheteher it was the solo or not). I haven't noticed this post before.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I hear ya, UTW. I follow Felder on Facebook, and the man cannot post ANYTHING without some of his fans talking about how mistreated he was and/or taking digs at Glenn.

Felder posts about his guest spot on Hell's Kitchen. A reply:
    "You should cook up a horrible-tasting soufflé for Glenn Frey. I can't believe what he referred to you as in The History of the Eagles. I would have sued him for defamation of character."

Felder posts about helping out a young blind musician. A reply:
    "probably won't see Glenn Fry doing anything like this.... after all... isn't money the only thing that's important to him.....he made that clear in the HBO special."

Felder posts about appearing at a Cystic Fibrosis benefit. A reply:
    "Way to go, Don! Bet Frey won't be there!"

Those were just the three latest posts from his Facebook. They are typical examples. I wonder when these fans will ever let it go...
    Has Don ever told people not to do this on his Facebook page?

KISS fans always do the same about Simmons and Stanley - and Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer & the current lineup of course - and I remember Bruce Kulick once told people to stop that on his web page. A great move from him, but then again Bruce has always seemed like a gentleman.

I also remember that Bernie was clearly a bit irritated when people (me included) were criticising Don H on his forum for saying those things decades ago about "a woman writing for the Eagles" (or something like that), when he didn't like the I Wish You Peace thing. Bernie said that Don has apologised and that "it's a nonissue". I still feel bad about being such a jerk myself. But I hate it even more when interviewers kiss the interviewee's butt and bash his/her ex-band mates for him/her. Some interviewees fall for it, some don't.
    Last edited by chaim; 12-27-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Also, I find it funny how many times I've read about "New Eagles projects".
    That article about DF's firing reference an album they were recording in 2001 and going to release in the fall, and live albums/videos from 76 and 80.

From all that, we got LROOE 6 yrs later.
    In retrospect it may have been better, for the fans at least, if they did split up in 2001, made a load of solo albums and then, after another 14 year hiatus, re-embark for another Eagles trek, this time with Randy and Bernie also invited, in 2015.

Has sacking Felder been worthwhile?

In a word;

Henley > No, Frey > Yes, Walsh > No, Schmit > Yes, Felder > Yes, Eagles >.... No.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    In retrospect it may have been better, for the fans at least, if they did split up in 2001, made a load of solo albums and then, after another 14 year hiatus, re-embark for another Eagles trek, this time with Randy and Bernie also invited, in 2015.

In a word;

Henley > No, Frey > Yes, Walsh > No, Schmit > Yes, Felder > Yes, Eagles >.... No.
    I disagree strongly with this. The Eagles schedule has allowed time for the individual members to have solo projects if that's what they want and all of them have done so to some extent. As a band they have performed for millions of fans and released a double album that was bought by millions. When you compare the output from 1996-2001 to that since 2001, the benefit to the band and the fans is clear.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    When you compare the output from 1996-2001 to that since 2001, the benefit to the band and the fans is clear.
    I think I was unconsciously comparing (1980 - 1994) to (2001 - 2015) UndertheWire

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

In a word;

As far as whether or not sacking Felder was worth it, I think it was absolutely definitely worth it. As I've stated many times before, if they hadn't let him go, the band would have split again, and likely forever. We all make comments and assume that the issues were between Glenn and Felder. They were not. The decision to let him go would have never been done without Henley and Azoff's input and concurrence. IMO, if that split had happened, the only way a reunion would again have happened would have been without Felder, so the only way we'd still have the Eagles today is without Felder, and likely we'd not have them at all.

I realize that you've not gone to any of the HOTE concerts, but as someone who's gone to a few shows, and a few shows before that, I can tell you they have certainly enriched my life. I'm not sure how on earth another 14 year separation would have benefited anyone.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I disagree strongly with this. The Eagles schedule has allowed time for the individual members to have solo projects if that's what they want and all of them have done so to some extent. As a band they have performed for millions of fans and released a double album that was bought by millions. When you compare the output from 1996-2001 to that since 2001, the benefit to the band and the fans is clear.
    ITA. I didn't even start getting into the Eagles until 2005, years after Felder's departure. Thank God they didn't break up in 2001, or I would have missed out on their shows entirely!

"Worthwhile"? HELL YEAH.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm not sure how on earth another 14 year separation would have benefited anyone.
    Two or three extra solo albums from Henley and Walsh. Maybe more from Glenn.

Since 2001, the Eagles have toured and toured but one group album and 4 solo albums compares to, around 20 solo albums and many solo tours between the release of The Long Run and Hell Freezes Over, in the same 14 year time span.

If they'd gone their separate ways in 2001, there would've been no sacking, no sordid book from Felder and no litigation. 14 years later, even with just 10 solo albums imagine how different the set list would be for a second resumption/reunion in 2015.

The first Hell Freezes Over tour, over the course of two years, featured over a dozen songs from the period between 1981 and 1994.

When the Eagles tour next year, we'd be delighted to see them perform a single, solitary track from the period between 2001 to 2015 ... and that track would, arguably, really date from the very early 1970s.

The one great thing that has happened as a result of the Eagles sacking Felder and then LROOE etc., has been Timothy's burgeoning career as a stage performer. Looking forward to something new in 2015.

Two or three extra solo albums from Henley and Walsh. Maybe more from Glenn.

If they'd gone their separate ways in 2001, there would've been no sacking, no sordid book from Felder and no litigation. 14 years later, even with just 10 solo albums imagine how different the set list would be for a second resumption/reunion in 2015.

The first Hell Freezes Over tour, over the course of two years, featured over a dozen songs from the period between 1981 and.
    Personally I would much rather hear them perform "Eagles" songs as opposed to "solo" songs. There are too many solo songs on HFO for my liking.

I think that if the 2nd reunion didn't happen until 2015 we would have missed out on a lot. We have been able to enjoy them for the past 14 years & they have brought great joy to me. They have hinted that HotE may be their last tour. Even if they hadn't reformed 14 years ago & waited until 2015 they certainly won't be continuing another 14 years to 2029. We'll be lucky if we get 5 more years. I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on any of those 14 years.

Also, The Border wouldn't have existed & I wouldn't have gotten to know the wonderful Borderers that I have met both in person & online!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Also, The Border wouldn't have existed & I wouldn't have gotten to know the wonderful Borderers that I have met both in person & online!
    That right there is proof they made the right decision!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.