Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deep Tracks

Y'all are so lucky that your radio stations vary their play list.

We NEVER hear album cuts here--only ths same, standard list of Top 40 hits. The only album cut I have ever heard on any of our stations was Those Shoes, and that was just one time, at night, about 3 years ago. I almost drove off the road.

They aren't playing How Long either.
    I only heard No More Cloudy Days about a dozen times before they dropped it, too, so I am crossing my fingers in hopes that they will play songs from the new Eagles album next month.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Everytime I get in the car I twiddle with the radio in the hopes of finding How Long but noooooooooo

I do tend to hear a good bit of Don songs and Joe songs too but if it's an Eagles song it's the usual ones HC, TIE etc.

Stuck on the Border

The Appleton, WI radio station used to play "Partytown" every Friday afternoon around 6pm to celebrate the start of the weekend, but I haven't heard that in a while.

I heard "Do Something" the other day in the car which was a nice surprise!

Our local classic hits station plays a lot of Eagles. I've signed up to get e-mail announcements from the station and the station's logo/header includes an Eagles group shot.

I should add that we actually hear glenn's Partytown and HIO quite a bit. I've even heard Smuggler's Blues few times!

You wanna talk about a deep track...yesterday my local radio station played Those Shoes. Those Shoes .

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I've given up on my radio stations but I've become a regular customer of our local Ace Hardware Store. They obviously have an avid Eagles fan working there because everytime I go there now they have The Eagles playing - Ha!

This afternoon before I left to come to the library, I was flipping through the Music Choice channels we get on digital cable and I heard Soul Searchin'.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Yesterday I got Seven Bridges Road. My local DJ, Greg Kihn, often plays Eagles song around the time my alarm goes off. Wonderful man.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Deep Tracks

I found the Deep Tracks thread but it seems to be mainly about hearing obscure songs on radio. If anyone wishes to list their favourites feel free. Most of mine are from LROOE.

Banned

Default Re: Deep Tracks

Yes, as the album was ignored for the HOTE Tour, Long Road Out Of Eden is the mine of Deep Tracks.

Center Of The Universe, You Are Not Alone, Waiting In The Weeds, Business As Usual, Fast Company, It's Your World Now, How Long, What Do I Do With My Heart, Guilty Of The Crime etc.

Since the turn of the Century, I'm thinking the solo tracks are being neglected.

Frey's, Lovers' Moon, River Of Dreams, The One You Love, Part Of You, Part Of Me, Soul Searching, Smuggler's Blues, Brave New World & Wild Mountain Thyme...

Walsh's pre Eagles albums were all worthy of fortieth anniversary revisits. Theme From The Boat Weirdos, Rockets, Bones, Class Of '65, Shadows, Slow Dancing, Rosewood Bitters, Decades, Wrecking Ball, Second Hand Store, I can't pull out favourite tracks, they're all treasures to me.

Henley's, I Will Not Go Quietly, You Don't Know Me At All, Long Way Home, Lilah, They're Not Here, They're Not Coming, If Dirt Were Dollars, Goodbye To A River, Everything Is Different Now,...

Schmit's solo career is still burgeoning. It's sort of one album old, although he's released 5 albums and has a large, under represented back catalog with Poco behind that too. I'll name 3; Give Me Back My Sight. Make You Feel My Love (Dylan Cover) and Skatin' (Poco).

Henley once said the stuff he was writing with Danny Kortchmar was equal to, if not better than his Eagles material. I think all their solo albums have tracks, equal to, if not better than the Eagles deep cuts.