Page 232 of 301 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

You all know that an article that discusses the top ten control freaks in rock and heavy metal that our guys will be on it. Glenn and Don come in at #3. They are the only ones that are a pair of control freaks, everyone else on the list is a freak all on their own. It's a shame that at the end of their section they made a typo and put Henley instead of Felder. Reading on you can see they meant Felder, but...

http://www.vh1.com/news/11531/bigges...-classic-rock/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    our local classic rock station ran a listeners choice "march bandness" during the march madness . Eagles came out on top over the Beatles, Led Zepplin, Journey, Joe Walsh, Alice Cooper, ZZ Top, Doobie Brothers and much much more.

It was pretty cool. They would put two bands in and listeners would call in or FB their favorite. It lasted most of the month of March.

Now whenever an Eagles song comes on they call them the 104.5 champion of March Bandness.

104.5 The Fox

pretty neat!!!!!!!!
    That sounded like quite a lot of fun! Not a bad result either... (though you wouldn't hear me complain if Zep had won)

Going off at a slight tangent, would anyone be interested in playing an adapted version of this in the 'Singing For The Sake Of The Song' section of the forum? To make for an interesting contest the Eagles would have to be excluded - they might just win - but if we got a pool of, say, 32 bands agreed beforehand (I don't think bands and solo artists should be directly compared, the Walsh situation is one reason for this IMO) and go through several rounds where in each tie two bands were put up directly against each other and we were given a couple of days to vote for our favourite until eventually it came down to the last two. It almost certainly wouldn't be the easiest game to set up but I think it would be fun, a bit like the Survivor games.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    That sounded like quite a lot of fun! Not a bad result either... (though you wouldn't hear me complain if Zep had won)

Going off at a slight tangent, would anyone be interested in playing an adapted version of this in the 'Singing For The Sake Of The Song' section of the forum? To make for an interesting contest the Eagles would have to be excluded - they might just win - but if we got a pool of, say, 32 bands agreed beforehand (I don't think bands and solo artists should be directly compared, the Walsh situation is one reason for this IMO) and go through several rounds where in each tie two bands were put up directly against each other and we were given a couple of days to vote for our favourite until eventually it came down to the last two. It almost certainly wouldn't be the easiest game to set up but I think it would be fun, a bit like the Survivor games.
    Yes, I would play. Several years ago we did a Top 20 artists playoff. When I get time I will post the links so you can see how it was done.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Sounds like a fun idea, JCL. Feel free to organize something in the SftSotS forum. I would definitely participate if you put something together. And I think these are the thread that FP was referring to:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1829

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1837

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1840

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1850

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Thanks for the positive response - glad to hear there's interest in such a game! Thanks also for the link to the earlier game dreamer, that's given me some good ideas as to which bands I should include in my proposed list - reading other lists is definitely helpful as it gives me other opinions as to who needs to be on there. Before starting the game I intend to ask for any suggestions and will consider making amendments based on these so, even if I don't agree with the suggestions, I'm happy to listen to any suggested changes.

I'm probably going to be too busy to get the game started over the next month (due to exams), but once they're out of the way I should be able to get it started in early June. I could probably do with a bit of time in any case to see if I can find a format that works, I'd like to do something closer to the March Bandness approach with a knockout format that pits bands directly against each other and players having to vote for a winner in each tie/match in each round until it gets to just two bands in the final to determine the overall winner. I haven't quite decided the number of bands I want to start with just yet, but I'm confident I'll get to something that works.

In order to save a bit of time it might be a good idea to play multiple ties/matches at once in the early rounds, which would enable people to have a couple of days to get in their votes before closing like in the Survivor games.

Something we already knew, Don and Joe look younger than they are. Must have been all that good, clean living they did.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/how-o...otogallery-1=1
    VK

I did a search for Glenn on the website & I chose a picture of him from Linda Ronstadt's induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The result was age 48! The man does look good for his age.

I'm glad you did that, GL, I was going to do it when I got a chance. Yes, we definitely know Glenn doesn't look his age, either!

ETA: I tried it with two photos of Glenn from the Dan Patrick show a week ago and got 52 and 53.
    Last edited by VAisForEagleLovers; 05-04-2015 at 09:44 PM.
    VK

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Such dedicated research, GL!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm glad you did that, GL, I was going to do it when I got a chance. Yes, we definitely know Glenn doesn't look his age, either!

ETA: I tried it with two photos of Glenn from the Dan Patrick show a week ago and got 52 and 53.